• Sep 2002
      • 3.8.x

up!

Comment

• iownie
        • Dec 2009
        • 3.8.x

Need to know....

I am paying VB to upgrade my site from 3.8 to 4.0 All my content is Joomla and I want to get rid of Joomla and convert everything over to the VB CMS.

The tech who is doing the upgrade says this; "
        We don't have a Joomla importer. But if Joomla is based on a forum application that is supported by ImpEx then it will work. But you would have to run the import yourself."

Any body know the answer to this?

Comment

• RadioErewan
          • Feb 2008
          • 3.8.x

Wait for new Impex. Hope Joomla will be supported.

Comment

• ZoDesigns.com
            • Nov 2005
            • 3.5.x

Looks like vbcms has gotten a lot of "inspiration" from Joomla and their design...

Comment

• cmeinck
              • Aug 2004

Folks, I've been asking support for an answer on if/when Joomla IMPEX will be available. The last word I received was, "I am not aware of any plans to include Joomla in Impex in the near future."

Having known that, I wouldn't have purchased multiple upgrades to the CMS Suite. Seriously, they had to anticipate people were using some sort of CMS and offer a path to vB. Joomla being one of the largest CMS platforms, naturally that should have been on a priority list.

They did mention that vB 4.02 would usher in vB CMS Impex Beta, but I'm not clear as to what that supports.

Comment

• nhj
                • Jun 2006

what I'll do is probably joomla -> wordpress (or drupal) -> vbcms , provided the drupal or wordpress importers work

Comment

• RadioErewan
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by cmeinck
                  Folks, I've been asking support for an answer on if/when Joomla IMPEX will be available. The last word I received was, "I am not aware of any plans to include Joomla in Impex in the near future."

Having known that, I wouldn't have purchased multiple upgrades to the CMS Suite. Seriously, they had to anticipate people were using some sort of CMS and offer a path to vB. Joomla being one of the largest CMS platforms, naturally that should have been on a priority list.

They did mention that vB 4.02 would usher in vB CMS Impex Beta, but I'm not clear as to what that supports.
                  Another epic fail.

Comment

• Jerry
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 1.1.x

The last word I received was, "I am not aware of any plans to include Joomla in Impex in the near future."
                    Not from me.

I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• The Rocketeer
                      • Jun 2010

I am wanting to know the same answer, does ImpEX support VB 4 CMS

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...