X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

vBulletin 4 & CMS Support

As of 1.94 ImpEx now supports vB4 and development has begun for CMS importers, Drupal 6 currently being available.

As with all other imports, you choose the source system and version, and then select the target version and now either forum or CMS.

For example if your have a forum & CMS in Drupal 6, you will need to do two imports, one for the forum, then one for the CMS to import data into articles (merging the users on email for the second import).

This is early days for CMS support so I expect I'll there will be many iterations and updates for ImpEx as I deal with the requests for new systems and additional functionality to existing ones.

Feel free to post questions here and I'll answer them as I can when I'm here.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me
  • RadioErewan
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.8.x

What CMS systems are covered by Impex now and what are planned?
    Drupal
    Joomla
    mediawiki
    wordpress (is it CMS?)
    others...

Comment

• RadioErewan
      • Feb 2008
      • 3.8.x

And questions about additional modules covered by Impex. In case of Joomla can number some of very popular extensions - JoomSocial, Mosetstree, JomComment, Community Builder. All CMS admins collected a lot of content created by users built up around simple articles...

Comment

• smooth-c
        • Jan 2008
        • 3.8.x

I use Joomla and have many precious news entries - will I be able to import articles from a specific section/category in Joomla to the VBcms or will I have to import all of the articles?

Comment

• Doug Nelson
          • Aug 2001

I use Nephp, but I can't imagine there are enough users to warrant Impex support (please let me know if I'm wrong). Is there another option for migrating content from oddball and obsolete CMS?

Comment

• duff
            • Dec 2007

can i importe my joomla website with impex?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

If you re-download the package, that file is there now.
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Myago
                • Jan 2009
                • 4.2.x

Thank!
                www.hondateam.it

Comment

• ericdesmontagnes
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 3.7.x

And now i am waiting for the importation of Wordpress CMS

Comment

• scarex80
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Jerry
                    As of 1.94 ImpEx now supports vB4 and development has begun for CMS importers, Drupal 6 currently being available.

As with all other imports, you choose the source system and version, and then select the target version and now either forum or CMS.

For example if your have a forum & CMS in Drupal 6, you will need to do two imports, one for the forum, then one for the CMS to import data into articles (merging the users on email for the second import).

This is early days for CMS support so I expect I'll there will be many iterations and updates for ImpEx as I deal with the requests for new systems and additional functionality to existing ones.

Feel free to post questions here and I'll answer them as I can when I'm here.
                    vBulletin 4 CMS allows to "promote" a post in article. Are you planning to develop a mechanism in order to, for instance, to move a vb3 board forum in "articles" (including comments)?
                    Last edited by scarex80; Tue 5 Jan '10, 6:38am. Reason: editorial

Comment

• Will.Spencer
                      • May 2006
                      • 3.5.x

I just bought a copy of vBulletin 4.x to evaluate it as an alternative to Joomla.

It sure would be nice to have an automated way to migrate my 3,500 articles from Joomla to the vB4 CMS.

Comment

• ysam
                        • Dec 2009

...or from drupal to v4 cms. article import functionality seems to be missing for the time being

Comment

• Neutral Singh
                          • Sep 2004
                          • 3.8.x

Is it now possible to import data from 3.8.4 to vb4 installation for a clean install.

Comment

• oGladiatore
                            • Jan 2010

hi, I wanted to ask a question.
                            While step phpbb3 to VB 4 users should update their passwords because of the different encryption. But if by a bridge synchronizes users joomla 1.5 on the forum and then import everything except users from phpbb users can access without changing password?

Comment

• ysam
                              • Dec 2009

just run impex and stop at the user import step. It will all get clear when you run impex..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...