X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evillordjuju
    • Oct 2009

merging two vb forums

I have a forum running vb3.8. The data from this was imported from phpBB3

I have finished that import. I want to add the users and posts from my second forum, running vb3.7

I did the impex thing yesterday, and got into all sorts of problems. Primarily the newly imported posts from the 3.7 forum were showing up as being posted by the user from the 3.8 forum with the same ID.

Also I don't understand the 'associate users' module. Would I use it in this instance? I think there are half a dozen email addresses used on both forums.

I have restored my forum back to just the 3.8 forum, and will try again shortly.

Can anyone say what I did wrong? Thanks ever so much. I want to get it right this time
    TIA people
  • evillordjuju
    • Oct 2009

Tried again

ok, had a good nights sleep, and then tried again. Following everything in order, and to the letter as far as I can see. I skipped the associate user step entirely.

But exactly the same result. I would have thought this would be the easiest of all imports, but clearly not.

Comment

• Jerry
      • Dec 2002
      • 1.1.x

You must finalise one import before starting the next one.

I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...