X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blubble
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

BBCode issue with phpbb3 to vBulletin import

I have imported my phpbb3 forum into vBulletin 3.8.4. The import was flawless apart from the password issue (which I fully understand is necessary) and a problem with a custom BBcode.

The code on my phpbb3 was [youtube] which allowed me to embed youtube videos into the page. Unfortunately when the import went through all of the [youtube] tags became: [youtube:lwn20urj][/youtube:lwn20urj] [youtube:354l37o2][/youtube:354l37o2] etc.

I would like to make all of these youtube links work again if possible. If you could provide a script I could use I would really appreciate it.

I have searched and found scripts and solutions which are close to what I want. But the problem I run into with them is that the forum has been active since the migration, and I already have a functioning [youtube] BBcode on vbulletin. I dont want to fix the old ones and break the new ones at the same time.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
  • Homeworld'sa
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

There's nothing wrong with the code, just manually remove those things afterwards. Happened to me, doubting there is a fix

Probably because of the way vB parses code differently to phpBB.
    That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• Ghostt
      • Oct 2009

I have the same problem with the phpbb3 import and the random signs in bbcodes.... i have too mutch bbcodes , can't do replace for everyone... so i found here a good solution:
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?306316-very-messy-BBcode-cleanup-need-cleaner-help&p=1725574&viewfull=1#post1725574

but i have a special problem because all bbcodes between the [spoiler] bbcode do not get changed. how to fix it? and most of the posts are between the center bbcode...
      Last edited by Ghostt; Sun 25 Oct '09, 3:39pm.

Comment

• Ghostt
        • Oct 2009

no support -.- ?

Comment

• Ghostt
          • Oct 2009

need still help here! how to fix the bbcode in other bbcode problem

[bbcode1]
          [bbcode2:fsfsdofjsdifj]testtext [/bbcode2:fdsfsdfsdf]
          [bbcode3:fojsfposdf]testtext [/bbcode3:dfsdfds]
          [bbcode4:dfddof]testtext [/bbcode4:fsysdfsdfs]

[/bbcode1]
          Last edited by Ghostt; Mon 26 Oct '09, 9:31am.

Comment

• Ghostt
            • Oct 2009

i need support omg

Comment

• Ghostt
              • Oct 2009

after reimporting some bbcodes work in the spoiler bbcode but many not...

Comment

• designeru
                • May 2009
                • 3.8.x

i had it like [youtube:123456]link[/youtube:123456]... modifying a little bit the above commands i fixed it with:
                Code:
                UPDATE 
                    pagetext = replace( pagetext, substring( pagetext, locate( '[youtube', pagetext ) , 15 ) , '[youtube' ) 
                WHERE 
                    LOCATE( '[youtube', pagetext ) >0
                and for the closing tags:
                Code:
                UPDATE 
                    pagetext = replace( pagetext, substring( pagetext, locate( '[/youtube', pagetext ) , 16 ) , '[/youtube' ) 
                WHERE 
                    LOCATE( '[/youtube', pagetext ) >0
                Please note that "123456" means 6 characters... then i've setup new BB codes for VB matching the ones from PHPBB...

Comment