X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • volovirtuale
    • Jun 2007

Importing problems from 3.7.3 to 3.8.1

Hi all,

i'm trying to import my small database from one server to an other.
    The old server has vb 3.7.3 with aproximately 110mb of db and 150mb of attachments (in file server).

Besides the other errors that i know about, the attachments i can't understand why they don't import all

Click image for larger version

Name:	import.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	3708593

After the import, the user count is still at 1 (only admin), but if i go in the control panel i find all the users.

Any clues or suggestions please?

Thanks and best regards
  • volovirtuale
    • Jun 2007

This is the board information :

Discussion: 8.915, Messagges: 96.955, Users: 0, Active Users: 0
    Welcome to our new user, a

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Please follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

As for the attachment issue, I'm afraid that means that either the vast majority of those attachments do not exist where they should or there is something wrong with the data.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• volovirtuale
        • Jun 2007

Hi Steve and thanks for the prompt reply. Sorry for my english thought

I've managed to correct the problem with the users.

I've tried to move back the attachments to the database but unfortunately it goes time out, my webserver company doesn't allow so big sql movements.

I've checked on the ftp and the size seems correct (source ftp). If i move them manually could help? Would the import have imported also the links to the download section of the attachments or it would have been done on the post import?

Thanks,

Simon
        Italy

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Unfortunately it's too complicated to do manually. This may be a server time and/or memory limit. To increase your limits edit your includes/config.php file and add these lines right under the <?php line:

ini_set('memory_limit', -1);
          ini_set("max_execution_time", "2880");

Then try importing a much lower batch of attachments at a time.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

It sounds like you're moving servers, is there any reason you're not just moving the database? Impex is not designed as an upgrade tool or a server moving tool.

For information on how to move servers see this: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/moving_servers

Comment

• volovirtuale
              • Jun 2007

Hi Zackery,

the second server hasn't got SSH features, cannot connect to it like on the guide you pointed out.

Without opening a new thread, any reason why the posts in the forum are not organized any more from the most recent going to the oldest but they are mixed?

Other thing, in the admin panel, group management, when i modify something in one group (for example registered users or users awaiting email confermation) it creates a personalized group identical to the one i have just modifed..

Thanks,

Simon

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

That is because of a server addon like mod_secuirty or suhosin restricting you. Honestly if you new host does not allow ssh, i would find a new webhost.

Comment

• volovirtuale
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Zachery
                  That is because of a server addon like mod_secuirty or suhosin restricting you. Honestly if you new host does not allow ssh, i would find a new webhost.
                  Here in italy virtual servers or dedicated servers cost too much..especially in this period of zero money

Are you able to tell me exactly what does the provider need to modify in order to have posts organized correctly from the newest to the oldest, instead of having to click on last post? I will then try to contact them and see what they can do.

Thanks so much,

all the best,

Simon

Comment

• volovirtuale
                    • Jun 2007

Zachery,

maybe i'm stupid (it's quite likely...),

but, how can i modify this?

Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post
                    On my forum post are sorted by Thread instead of Last Post.. where can i modify it in the admin page?

Thanks!

Simon

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...