Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe_Black
    • Dec 2004

phpBB3 clean import, duped & imported_ users

Just performed a fresh 3.8.1 vb install followed by import of phpBB3 board. The user import produced some duplicated users but the vast majority are duplicates with imported_ prefix. I've gone through the forums here quite a bit with search and haven't found the exact same issue, but have tried completely wiping and redoing the import as well as merging users too. I'm at a loss and even tried just deleted the imported_ userid's and of course that just... didn't work. One thing I also noticed is that it shows last activity for some users as 12-31-69.

Here are some screen shots from a forum page and the CP showing some of the imported_ users:
    Attached Files
    Joe Black

www.antiquecaterpillar.org
  • Joe_Black
    • Dec 2004

If anyone has any insight or perhaps experienced similar issues please share, even if it's something obvious I've overlooked in the docs or missed searching the forums here. I'd really like to finish this project but just advised my client they may need to just keep running phpBB3 as I'm unable to manage the import. If there are any other options to getting the info into vBulletin without suffering Impex I'm all ears!
    Joe Black

www.antiquecaterpillar.org

Comment

• Omeka
      • Jul 2004

Hi

Excuse my English bad one and I come to your problem. In order to eliminate your problem you must eliminate the group imported_users and in way automatic rifle they will go in the Register group users. This is not worth for the group imported_administrator and the super groups moderators and moderadors, you must execute Merge Users in panel admin-> Users-> Merge Users. Remembered in the end of update counters from Panel admin-> Maintenance->Update-> Update Counters.
      Last edited by Omeka; Fri 20 Mar '09, 12:53am.
      https://traduzioni-italiane.it/

Comment

• Ba$im
        • Mar 2007

I have same error and looking for a way to replace
        imported_username with numberusername
        for example
        replace imported_steve with 1steve

can I do this through sql operation ?

thanks so much in advance

Comment

• Omeka
          • Jul 2004

Hi

he is simpler to make the fusion of the customers. You go in Panel control admin-> Users-> Merge Users, you must insert Imported_Steve in Source Username and Steve in Destination username and make clik Continue.
          https://traduzioni-italiane.it/

Comment

• peterska2
            • Oct 2003
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Joe_Black
            If anyone has any insight or perhaps experienced similar issues please share, even if it's something obvious I've overlooked in the docs or missed searching the forums here. I'd really like to finish this project but just advised my client they may need to just keep running phpBB3 as I'm unable to manage the import. If there are any other options to getting the info into vBulletin without suffering Impex I'm all ears!
            Please clear all imported data then restart the import.

To clear imported data:

AdminCP > Import > Import > Database Cleanup & Restart > Delete Session and ALL Imported Data

Note: When rerunning the import, make sure that you check the associate users on email address option when importing the users.

Comment

• peterska2
              • Oct 2003
              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Ba$im
              I have same error and looking for a way to replace
              imported_username with numberusername
              for example
              replace imported_steve with 1steve

can I do this through sql operation ?

thanks so much in advance
              Please start your own thread for your issue. Thank you.

Comment

• tojones
                • Apr 2009
                • 3.8.x

I had the same problem but went into the database with phpmyadmin and then ran the sql query below:

select * FROM `user` WHERE username like 'imported%'

Then I changed the results to show 1000 at a time. Then did a check all. Then dropped them until they were all gone.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...