I'm supplying the correct path to old avatar folder. The
    old folder is readable.

And I chmodded /customavatar to 0777.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

99.9% of the time the path you are using is wrong. Make sure you are using the full and complete path.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• bobbank
      • Apr 2009

Can anyone confirm that they have been able to import avatars using Impex?

I have tried every conceivable variation of the path, and have had no luck at all. I frankly do not think it works.

I tried searching the forums for similar questions, and all of them seem to say the same thing - that importing avatars from phpbb3 isn't working.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Yes it works. I've handled many support tickets where that is the case. Post #2 us still applicable.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• rrudeboy
          • May 2009
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Yes it works. I've handled many support tickets where that is the case. Post #2 us still applicable.
          i thought you told me avatars did not import, or was that MyBB specific ?
          rb~
          http://images.macrumors.com/vb/image...blackapple.gif iPhone 3G[S] - iOS4 - 16gb [ http://totalsmartphone.net ]

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

That is specific to MyBB. Each importer imports different data.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Jerry
              • Dec 2002
              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by bobbank
              Can anyone confirm that they have been able to import avatars using Impex?

I have tried every conceivable variation of the path, and have had no luck at all. I frankly do not think it works.

I tried searching the forums for similar questions, and all of them seem to say the same thing - that importing avatars from phpbb3 isn't working.
              I've gotten it to work, or I wouldn't of added it to the module.

Some times it's the path, other times it's that the avatars are remotely hosted and PHP is configured not to open URLs.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• evillordjuju
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                99.9% of the time the path you are using is wrong. Make sure you are using the full and complete path.

Hi,

I have just transferred my phpbb3 forum over using impex, but I have got no avatars

my avatar path is /public_html/phpBB/images/avatars/upload

Where was I supposed to put the path? Do I need to delete it all and start again, or can I import them separately

Thanks!

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

That is not the full and complete path on your server. On Unix/Linux systems you can find the complete path name by telnetting or sshing into your server, going to that directory and typing:

pwd

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...