Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bergler
    • Dec 2006

SMF 1.1.7 to VB 3.8.1

I am considering importing my SMF forum to VB but I am scared of the import process. Right now my forum has, 90321 Posts in 9019 Topics by 4163 Members and I cant loose any of it!! has anyone out there done this import (SMF 1.1.7 to VB 3.8.1) ?? I have contacted VB directly to see if they offer a service to do the import, which they said they don't offer.

I currently have another forum that I use VB (www.flyfishbc.com) and like it very much, which is why I am wanting to import my other site but I cant afford to loose the sites info.

Here are couple questions:

1. can you import from one database to another or does it have to be done in the same database?
    2. Will it create the same forum tables when imported?
    3.Will the ban list also be imported.

Thanks in advance,
    Rick
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

1. You have to import from the SMF database into the vB database.

2. Actually it imports the data into the existing vB tables.

3. No, I don't believe so. You can read about it here:

Please note that since SMF passwords are encrypted, they cannot be imported. Your users will need to reset their passwords after the import. You can read more about this here:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Bergler
      • Dec 2006

Thanks for that! Its say it supports SMF 1.1.4 Will this still work with 1.1.7/1.1.8??? Or would I be taking a big risk?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

It should work unless there has been a major schema change which is not likely. If so, then we would have to update the importer.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...