Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • II AnDo II
    • Jun 2008

User merge question

I have no idea were to start (and i have read the manual)

All i want do do is merge/move user accounts from my old forum to my new forum and thats it

Can it be done ?

And were do i start thanks
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

All depends on what your old system is.

During the user module of most systems when performing the import you have the option to merge on email address, ImpEx then automatically merges the users.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• II AnDo II
      • Jun 2008

old forum is vbulletin but i dont realy want to merge, i just want to add the users from the old vbulletin forum to the new vbulletin with out messing up all the users i currently have

Is there an easy way of doing this and were should i start

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Download Impex from the Members Area. Then follow the online Impex import instructions here:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Markowitch
          • Nov 2005

When I import my old forum into my new forum, the user joindate is not updated.

My current forum is the newest and all my users rejoined when the old forum (phpbb) crashed. Now I found an old backup and performed an inport and merged users on email. However, the join date is not pushed back in time. How come?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Not sure I understand what you mean by 'not pushed back. I don't believe there is a joindate from phpBB that is imported.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jerry
              • Dec 2002
              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Markowitch
              When I import my old forum into my new forum, the user joindate is not updated.

My current forum is the newest and all my users rejoined when the old forum (phpbb) crashed. Now I found an old backup and performed an inport and merged users on email. However, the join date is not pushed back in time. How come?

Because you are merging the users, ImpEx dosen't attempt differential imports, or overwrite data when importing, especially when it is a user merge.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Markowitch
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Jerry
                Because you are merging the users, ImpEx dosen't attempt differential imports, or overwrite data when importing, especially when it is a user merge.
                Thanks for the answer . I migth try to push back the join date myself using SQL with inner joins on email. It looks like phpbb2 (where my backup comes from) uses the same format as vbulletin to store the join date.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...