from smf2 to vb : smilies are not supposed to be imported?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LEARNER29
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.6.x

from smf2 to vb : smilies are not supposed to be imported?

hello.
    my users are nagging about the old smf smilies.

I downloaded impex and ran it and ...... there is no module to import the smilies from the smf DB to the VB DB ????
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

We don't have an importer for SMF2. The current one may need to be updated. Fill out a support ticket and ask for Jerry. You will need to provide him with access to your SMF database.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• LEARNER29
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      We don't have an importer for SMF2. The current one may need to be updated. Fill out a support ticket and ask for Jerry. You will need to provide him with access to your SMF database.

thank you Steve.

Having some basic experience with spreadsheets and exporting and importing using phpmyadmin, I could achieve my goal and import all the smilies manually...... it took me about an hour of work... but could do it.

but I am confident such an add to impex would be greatly appreciated (and very easy for jerry to do... it is just select from table smf_smilie and insert into smilie..... because impex already correctly cleans the smiley code after import.... so what is left to do is close to nothing.... I believe one single sql statement would do the job.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

It would be in everyone's best interest to update the SMF importer to the latest stable version.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jerry
          • Dec 2002
          • 1.1.x

There are 2 SMF importers one for 1.x and the other for 2.x.

Can you give me the exact details of the error :

I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...