• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeerLuver
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.7.x

Help importing users from vb2.2.6 to latest vb3

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a problem trying to figure out how to import all users from my old forums; vbulletin 2.2.6 to a fresh new install of vb 3.7.1_P1. I wish I could import the entire database from the old forums, but due to a serious server crash 2 yrs ago with the webhost I had at that time, there were tons of db errors popping up here and there, and it has been unbelievably difficult to even perform a full database backup from the old forums. Even contacting my host at the time was no help, I just could not get a full backup to complete. If anyone has any ideas on how to resolve that so I could backup that entire old forum database and import it to the fresh new install on a new host... much appreciated heh.

But, I'm guessing that won't work successfully, so I am wondering how could I import all the users from my old vb installation to the new one? To at least alleviate the need for all my old members not having to re-register on the new forums. Is this possible? If so, could someone provide me with some steps. I tried figuring out how to use this Impex Import system, but I'm not too code-savvy with that stuff and am kind of stuck on how to do it. I know this is probably a repeated type of request, but I wanted to lay out all the info on the situation to seek proper help with this.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me on this problem .

Bob
  • BeerLuver
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.7.x

OK... just attempted to try another backup of the old database via Putty & SSH.

It started ok and got through a lot of it, but after a few mins... it brought up this error:

Error 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query when dumping table 'attachment' at row: 1861

I tried to view the attachment table in phpMyAdmin to see if I could access that row and fix or delete it, but I can't even browse the data in the attachment table cause it brings up this error then:

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /usr/local/nf/share/php/phpmyadmin/sql.php on line 414

Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/local/nf/share/php/phpmyadmin/sql.php on line 425

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/nf/share/php/phpmyadmin/sql.php:414) in /usr/local/nf/share/php/phpmyadmin/libraries/db_table_exists.lib.php on line 16

I am at a complete loss here on what to do. Anyone have any ideas of how I could get around this to finish this backup?

Comment

• Jerry
      • Dec 2002
      • 1.1.x

The errors look like they come from a unstable MySQL server, hence the " Lost connection to MySQL".

What did the host say when you presented them with the errors and proof of a unstable MySQL server ?
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• BeerLuver
        • Jul 2004
        • 3.7.x

Oh the host was unhelpful . Sorry for late reply.. I'm just gonna start fresh. Losing a lot of data from 7 yrs roughly.. but at least my staff and I can manually copy over important & resourceful threads we wanna keep.

Sucks when a host has a server crash resulting in major database corruptions . At least with the new latest version forums, i setup an automatic cron job to backup the db completely. Definitely help I'm sure. Thanks anyways.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...