Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

Well ImpEx can only delete existing users if they have been merged (i.e. assigned an import id) otherwise it can't.

As for the issues yes, I take full responsibility for them and am working though them at the moment
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• davide101
      • Feb 2006

Has anyone successfully completed the import? I've had luck with everything except mapping users and blogs.
      David Edelman
      Diabetes DailyDiabetes Forumtwitter.com/davidtalkdavidedelman.com

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by davide101
        Has anyone successfully completed the import? I've had luck with everything except mapping users and blogs.
        I believe so, everyone that has come to me with bugs and issues I've resolved.

What mapping isn't working ?
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• SoloX
          • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Jerry
          I believe so, everyone that has come to me with bugs and issues I've resolved.

What mapping isn't working ?
          What are you saying Jerry? My ticket has been open for several days on this very issue with you. AND its not resolved!!!!

Comment

• Jerry
            • Dec 2002
            • 1.1.x

Originally posted by SoloX
            What are you saying Jerry? My ticket has been open for several days on this very issue with you. AND its not resolved!!!!
            There is no ticket here that I haven't answered I've just run though them all.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• SoloX
              • Jun 2002

Jerry:
              I dont want to get on the wrong side here. I still need your help. Your answers are not solving my problem. I am doing exactly what you are saying and its not working. And I am not the only one complaining about the user mappings. As I reported userid columns contain zeros in blog table as well as blog_text. And when i go to blog.php it says no blogs are found cuz no usermappings exist.

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                • Sep 2001

That's the exact issue I was having -- I thought this was a known bug being worked on??
                Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• SoloX
                  • Jun 2002

i have a ticket open since Saturday and all Support staff has been able to do is spend a few minutes each day telling me the same things I have done over and over again. Seems like Jerry is overworked and underpaid. He needs help and more hands. I shutdown my journals in an attempt to move to VBBLog and now 6 days later I am still without a working system. I would have been OK if ImpEx wasnt touted as a ready-to-import-VBJournal system. I could have waited or did something else. Frustration meter is climbing. And I havent asked much of help in the last 5+ years from VB. First time and I am not impressed. :-(

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    Former Customer Support Manager
                    • Jul 2000

The problem is that the Blogs importers are brand new and essentially only Jerry is familiar enough with them to troubleshoot problems. And unfortunately Jerry does not work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience but I'm afraid this is unavoidable right now because of the newness of these importers.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jerry
                      • Dec 2002
                      • 1.1.x

Originally posted by SoloX
                      I shutdown my journals in an attempt to move to VBBLog and now 6 days later I am still without a working system.
                      In all fairness, as with any import I always say (and have put in the manual and howto) make a backup and test the import never turn off your source system without having at least one test run

It's here twice in bold red, twice :

Though I have dealt with all the tickets and issues apart from yours, the others are working fine, it's finding the issues on your server that is causing this.
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                        • Sep 2001

Jerry -

Should I open an official support ticket as I too am having trouble with the importer?

What information will you need and do you want me to create 1 source and 1 target database using a backup to test with?

Thanks,
                        - John
                        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Jerry
                          • Dec 2002
                          • 1.1.x

If you are yes, that is where I deal with them officially, I just give advice here.

I'll need admincp URL and user/pass to see what,s happening and FTP to add debug.

And a description of what the issue is.
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• SoloX
                            • Jun 2002

I can certify that ImpEX is now importing vBJournal without any user mapping problem. It took Jerry some time, but he did it!! You will have to download the latest ImpEx files from Members area.

Comment

• davide101
                              • Feb 2006

SoloX, that's excellent news! I'll try an import tomorrow (Monday) and report back if it's successful for me as well.
                              David Edelman
                              Diabetes DailyDiabetes Forumtwitter.com/davidtalkdavidedelman.com

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                                • Sep 2001

im still having issues with the latest impex...
                                Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...