X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MPDesignZ
    • Feb 2007
    • 3.6.x

Impex probs with UBB Threads 6.5

Hello, I'm doing an import for a client and we have having a major difficulty with the import. All the import went fine with a few exceptions (It would not import the moderators into VB at all), but for the most part it worked. The problem we are now having is its taking forever to update the thread counts in hte "Remove Orphan Posts" part. Its been removing them for about 2 days now When the import was finished there were only supposed to be about 150,000 posts, but there were for some unknown reason about 5 million. I did not run anything twice and cleaned up the database and restarted once. Everything has been backed up on both boards. I've done many import and never had it take so long to recount any of the stats. Any help would be great to move this process along a little more quickly as my client is nervous about the import.

TIA!
    MP
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

On 150 Posts on an average server I would expect the whole import to be done in under an hour with a clean up. I just did a YaBB SE import before writing this post that was 400K posts and that took 48 mins for the post module.

Did the post module finish correctly and redirect to the main menu after importing the posts ?

As the final step it updates the post parent ids.

Though for it to go to 5m posts sounds like its stuck in a loop.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Len Backus
      • May 2007

I am the client mentioned above. What should we try next?

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Len Backus
        I am the client mentioned above. What should we try next?
        I would suggest contacting myself or Marco via a support ticket in the members area and referencing this thread.

From there one of us (or a member of the support team) can test and debug the import.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• MPDesignZ
          • Feb 2007
          • 3.6.x

OK Im giving it another go tonight but it looks like its typically going to be about the same.

I have noticed that when Im importing posts I get this though:

Code:
          87.50% Post -> 0
          87.50% Post -> 0
          87.50% Post -> 0
          87.50% Post -> 0
          87.50% Post -> 0
          87.50% Post -> 0
          MP

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...