X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • volovirtuale
    • Jun 2007

passwords not imported - Smf to VB

Hello,

i've just downloaded VB and impex and imported my old forum.
    Everything seems ok except the password that seem are not recognized.

I'm using SMF 1.1.2 and latest version of VB.

Is that correct?

By the way, impex worked fine, except it gives me an error when i do
    Database cleanup and restart.

ImpEx Database errormysql error: cannot use database mynewdb

mysql error: Access denied for user 'mynewuser'@'%' to database 'mynewdb'

mysql error number: 1044
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

Passwords are not imported from SMF due to the encryption that is used on them.

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Access denied for user (using password: YES)

If you are getting the above error, this means either:

1. One or more of the following is wrong in your config.php file:

- $config['Database']['dbname']
    - $config['MasterServer']['servername'] (except in rare cases, this should almost always be left as 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1')
    - $config['MasterServer']['username']
    - $config['MasterServer']['password'] (On some hosts your db password may be resticted to 8 characters or less.)

If you are unsure of what the appropriate values are then you will need to ask your web host.

2. Or that this db user is not assigned to that database or does not have permission to access MySQL to create or access a database. You may need to first manually create the database and assign the db user to it. Since each web host is different, if you do not know how to do this then contact your web host for help.

Comment

• volovirtuale
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne
      Passwords are not imported from SMF due to the encryption that is used on them.
      thanks, i'll do as it is suggested on the manual. I will send an email to all users to ask them to change passwords.
      Got to check if it works though, i've done a test with one of my demo-users and i still haven't received any email.

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne
      mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Access denied for user (using password: YES)

If you are getting the above error, this means either:

1. One or more of the following is wrong in your config.php file:

- $config['Database']['dbname']
      - $config['MasterServer']['servername'] (except in rare cases, this should almost always be left as 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1')
      - $config['MasterServer']['username']
      - $config['MasterServer']['password'] (On some hosts your db password may be resticted to 8 characters or less.)

If you are unsure of what the appropriate values are then you will need to ask your web host.

2. Or that this db user is not assigned to that database or does not have permission to access MySQL to create or access a database. You may need to first manually create the database and assign the db user to it. Since each web host is different, if you do not know how to do this then contact your web host for help.
      I will check the impex config.. in any case import is fine, i see posts, forums and all the rest.. still need to do the restart?

thanks for the prompt reply,

Simon
      volovirtuale.com

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

If the import has completed sucessfully, and you are happy with the results, then you do not need to restart the import.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...