Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteveRobWhatever
    • Mar 2006

Problems with transfer from phpbb board

I ran the import from phpbb 2.0.22 to the latest version of vbulletin and now am having some issues:

* All members are banned
    * No members are showing up in the memberlist
    * Posts are not showing up on the index
    * Posts inside the forums are showing, but when you click on the topics the site is displaying different threads

What could have gone wrong?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Please follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

This should solve most of those issues.

For the memberlist, there are two options you need to check to set whether or not members are viewable on memberlist:

1. By usergroup:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit -> Usergroup Options -> Viewable on the Memberlist -> Yes

2. By post count:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Listing & Profile Viewing -> Minimum Posts
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• SteveRobWhatever
      • Mar 2006

Should I delete Impex first and THEN check the userlist options or should I check first and THEN delete?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

No. Do not delete Impex until everything is the way you want it.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• SteveRobWhatever
          • Mar 2006

Ok, the members are showing up in the memberlist now, but not in the index page under the statistics section. The latest registered user goes by the name of "a".

Also, I am still having issues with the threads being very wacky. You click on a thread and a totally different thread comes up. Is there anything else I should do to fix this before deleting impex?

And when I do delete impex...am I doing it via the ACP or deleting the files directly from the server?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

The 'a' will go away when the next person registers.

The thread issue though is something I've never heard of. I'm afraid what you'll need to do is clear out the imported data and try this again from the start. Sorry.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• SteveRobWhatever
              • Mar 2006

Nevermind....I found my mistake there....

Now...I have these options:

These links will allow you to restart an import, remove a session or remove the importid's to allow consecutive imports.
              Using includes/config.php for target config.

These links will allow you to restart an import, remove a session or remove the importid's to allow consecutive imports.

Using includes/config.php for target config.

Cancel

To cancel and return to the import, click here.

Delete Session

To delete the import session and continue with the import, click here.

Delete Session and all imported data

To delete the import session and all imported data for a clean retry, click here.

Remove importids

To delete the importids in the database, click here, also removes the session. This will allow you to do consecutive imports

Remove duplicate forums/threads/posts.

This will remove anything that has a duplicate importid and a diffrent vBulletin id. Use with EXTREME caution, results will vary between source systems, ALWAYS TAKE A BACK UP BEFORE USING

Which one do I want?
              Last edited by SteveRobWhatever; Sun 6 May '07, 2:32pm. Reason: Found my mistake

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Please recheck your ImpExConfig.php db settings. It looks like something was change.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• SteveRobWhatever
                  • Mar 2006

Yes....I had the wrong database name in there.....sorry about that...I am still learning here.....a bit of a curve from phpbb to vbulletin

(Although I have to admit it's not as maddening and YOU have been great so far with your support!)

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Glad to help.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• SteveRobWhatever
                      • Mar 2006

Now with the correct information there, should I try to re-run the Import thread and Import post scripts? Or should I just clean it all out and start from scratch again?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

Try just the forums, threads and posts first.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• SteveRobWhatever
                          • Mar 2006

Ok I re-ran the queries and all seems well. Member posts are where they should be. Now....how long before they show up in the index? Or will nothing show until they are posted in again?

And....is it possible to combine two accounts? I am the admin as "SteveRobWhatever" and there is another account with all of my posts and info that got transferred called "imported_SteveRobWhatever". Is there a way to do this so I don't have two accounts?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

What index?

You can merge account here:

Admin CP -> Users -> Merge Users

Just to be safe, promote "imported_SteveRobWhatever" to an Admin first.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• SteveRobWhatever
                              • Mar 2006

Here is my site's index: http://gridironfans.com/forums/index.php

I am trying to match my phpbb site over at http://www.forums.gridironfans.com/index.php

Worked like a charm with the merge!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...