Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrewtr89
    • Jan 2007

Removing "imported_" before Usernames

Hello, I just successfully imported my phpbb3 forum and everything went fine, but before each user that registered on the new forum and was also registered on the old forum, a "imported_" appears before their name.

What would I do, to fix this? And how would I fix an "imported_" for me, the admin? I tried to rename it to my current name by just removing the imported_ but it said the name was already in use. Would I have to sign up with a different name than the original forum, or could I just remove it?

Also, another thing I noticed was that after I imported my phpbb3 Beta Forum everything seemed to be fine except the users. At the bottom of the page, it says that there are 50 Users, the same amount of members at the previous forum. When I view the Members page, it shows only my profile, and the other 49 are not there. They cannot register with their old profile info either.

Must I use ImpEx again to import the modules, or is something more complicated?

Thanks,
    Andrew

Sorry If its been posted already. I've looked around and havent seen much covering it.
    Last edited by andrewtr89; Thu 1 Feb '07, 8:03am. Reason: Just added the second part than making a new topic
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This happens when the imported user has the same name as an existing user. You can manually merge these users here:

Admin CP -> Users -> Merge Users
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• dekard
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      This happens when the imported user has the same name as an existing user. You can manually merge these users here:

Admin CP -> Users -> Merge Users
      Is this safe when the user is an admin\mod?
      www.overclockingwiki.org

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

If you first make sure both members are in the same usergroups, yes.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• TheFrienzNetwork
          • Jan 2007
          • 3.6.x

dekard, there are 50 users that are bots on phpBB 3. So I think Impex also imported the bots.
          Make love not war, condoms are cheaper than bullets.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...