X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twobob
    • Apr 2006

Which version of vb do I have?

Hi there

I have an old vb database that I'd like to upload to a new install of vb. I'd like to use IMPEX to import it - can I? Also, do I need to know which version of vb it was? If so, how can I figure that out? Is there something in the mysql tables I can look up in phpmyadmin?

Thanks for any tips .... cheers ... twobob
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

It's a chicken-or-egg thing. You'd need to know the version in order to know where to look for the version number. If there is an upgradelog table, look at the last entry in that table. This should be the version of that database.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• twobob
      • Apr 2006

Hi - thanks for the tip. Was it the script table I needed to look up within the vb_upgradelog table? If so, the last row was upgrade_360rc3.php ... which I guess means I should be using the vb_36 system folder for the IMPEX import?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Yeah, it looks like this db is vB 3.6 Release Candidate 3.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• twobob
          • Apr 2006

Got it all sorted now ... thanks for your help!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...