Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AshAbed
    • Nov 2003

Error in step 1 - ikonboard to vB

I got Impex to accept my customer number, I then proceeded to step one and the following happens:

PHP Code:
    Altering tablesImpEx will now Alter the tables in the vB database to include import id numbers.
    This is needed during the import process for maintaining refrences between the tables during an import.If you have large tables (i.elots of poststhis can take some timeThey will also be left after the import if you need to link back to the origional vB userid.

moderator importmoderatorid OK 
    ..[more]..
    subscriptionlog importsubscriptionlogid OK[b]Please set 'sourceexists = true' in ImpExConfig.php[/b]

Failed Check database permissions and connection, or table prefix to ensure its correct
    I then set sourceexists to =true in ImpExConfig.php and Impex ceases to work altogether; it then shows the following:
    PHP Code:
    Connection to source server failedCheck username and password
    I can't figure out what needs to be changed - The usernames/passwords are all correct.
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

If you are getting the user/pass fail then the details in the ImpExConfig for the source aren't correct, as that's what ImpEx uses to connect the source server, or the source server isn't configured to allow that user to connect.

Are they on the same server ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• AshAbed
      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Jerry
      If you are getting the user/pass fail then the details in the ImpExConfig for the source aren't correct, as that's what ImpEx uses to connect the source server, or the source server isn't configured to allow that user to connect.

Are they on the same server ?
      Yes, they are on the same server. They have the same username/password as eachother too.. so I don't see how the password or anything could be wrong for one and not the other(I set up the vB forum with the same username/password).

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

I will have to see this in action to see whats going on.

Start a support ticket and ask for me.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• AshAbed
          • Nov 2003

Done - thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...