Clear All
  • mix_boy
    • May 2006
    • 3.5.x

Impex -Association List

What do I have to write down here ??
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

If you want to associate the user you're importing with an existing user on your vBulletin forum, then you'll have to put the existing users userid number in that field.

You can also leave it empty though.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• mix_boy
      • May 2006
      • 3.5.x

How this will write in field 1 after pressing ASSOCIATE 1 writes 1 Failed . Why ??Just and I can not empty field leave probably because unser will not import ??

Comment

• Colin F
        • May 2004

You can't associate the user you're currently logged in as, which could be causing this.
        You can merge these two users after though.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• mlucek
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Colin F
          You can't associate the user you're currently logged in as, which could be causing this.
          You can merge these two users after though.
          I'm having what looks like that same problem.

I have one VB signon 'mike', user_id #1 and I'm signed on as 'mike'. I'm doing the import and trying to associate a PNphpBB 'mike' user_id #2 to VB user_id #1. Impex is creating a new user 'import_mike' with a new VB user_id #2 and all the posts that should be associated with VB user_id #1 are associated with 'import_mike' VB user_id #2.

I don't recall seeing this quirk in the docs . I'll give it a try and see what happens with the import when I use a different login.

Mike

Comment

• Jerry
            • Dec 2002
            • 1.1.x

The fail is being cause because you can't associate with an admin user, this stops the admin being deleted if you re-run the user module.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• mlucek
              • Dec 2004

Still a quirk - I logged in as admin, and created another login mike.

I import from PNphpBB associating PNphpBB mike user id #2 with VB user mike user id #2. The code must check for duplicate names regardless of the associations cause impex still creates a new VB user imported_mike and imports all the phpBB mike posts to this new VB user.

Not a big deal right now, just thought I'd point that out. I can start with a blank VB slate/admin user and let impex create all the users for me.

Comment

• Jerry
                • Dec 2002
                • 1.1.x

Create the user with the same email address and ignore the 002 module and auto associate in the user module if you really want to re-create the users, other wise as a fresh import ImpEx will import the users and create all the accounts.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• mentalrz
                  • Sep 2004
                  • 1.1.x

i got over 190,000 members, does that mean i have to manually write 190,000 numbers?

Comment

• eglim
                    • Jan 2005
                    • 4.1.x

I am importing from SMF 1.1.14 and have 24000 members. I think this is not possible for manually assign/click for this huge list. I am installing on empty/fresh VB installation. So is there any instant solution to assign default user id and go to next step.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Aug 2002
                      • 5.7.X

As per your ticket, you're importing to an empty database so there's no need to run the Associate Users module - just import the users...
                      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...