X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • K.W.H.
    • Mar 2006
    • 3.5.x

Keep getting blank page...

I installed Impex and configured the config file as directed...When I click on the "Import" tab on the cpanel I get the option to convert a phpBB 2.0.19 DB to vBulletin 3.5.4 and it shows that I have the phpBB2 System installed.

When I click the "Begin Import" I get a blank white page and nothing else happens.

I have double checked my config file and have re-done it twice to make sure I did not mess something up. But I keep getting blank white page.

I am sure that its probably my fault (user error) but I cannot figure out where I made the mistake.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This is usually caused by a bad file upload or have extra space or lines in your ImpExConfig.php file. Make sure there is no whitespace or extra lines in config.php either before the <?php or after the ?>.

If you still have this problem, then delete the existing Impex files and reupload them.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• K.W.H.
      • Mar 2006
      • 3.5.x

I will do both...and report back, thanks.

Comment

• K.W.H.
        • Mar 2006
        • 3.5.x

OK...I deleted all my Impex files and checked my ImpexConfig.php where I found an extra line after the ?> at the end so I deleted it. I reloaded all the files to the server and I still get the blank white page after I click "Begin Import" button.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

First, try turning GZIP off here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> GZIP HTML Output -> No

Sometimes this problem is caused when your server is already using GZIP and by turning this on in vB you were double compressing. This causes problems with some pages but not others. It also happens to some people and not others.

If you still have this problem, try using a different browser.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• K.W.H.
            • Mar 2006
            • 3.5.x

Thanks for the help Steve...

Turning off GZIP did not help. Still getting blank white page.

Tried this on two different browsers...Firefox and Safari. I will book up my wife's laptop and see if I can duplicate it on IE.

Comment

• K.W.H.
              • Mar 2006
              • 3.5.x

IE on Windows also gave blank white page....arrrgghhh!

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• K.W.H.
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 3.5.x

OK, thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...