X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dkendall
    • Mar 2006
    • 3.5.x

Import from Phorum 3.2.11

I just purchased and installed vBulletin. I'm attempting to import from our old board (running Phorum 3.2.11).

When I run "Check and update database", it fails with this message:
    Valid found tables :

forums found.

Possiablly
    [SIC] custom tables or incorrect prefix :

forums_auth NOT found.
    Browse NOT found.
    forums_forum2group NOT found.
    forums_groups NOT found.
    forums_moderators NOT found.
    forums_user2group NOT found.
    Since the Impex "Select Source Board Format" drop-down lists only Phorum 3.4.8, I'm guessing I'm out of luck.

Is there a workaround, or another importer somewhere?

David
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

What are the full table names in your source database and what have you entered as a table prefix for your source database in ImpExConfig.php ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• dkendall
      • Mar 2006
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Jerry
      What are the full table names in your source database and what have you entered as a table prefix for your source database in ImpExConfig.php ?
      Thanks for the speedy reply!

These tables don't exist in Phorum 3.2.11, and I hadn't specified or used a table prefix.

I found a copy of Phorum 3.4.8, and installed an instance in parallel on my server, then upgraded a copy the database. Then I re-tried the import. Still no joy.

Now I'm getting "Invalid forum object, skipping.options" for each of my forums when I do "Import Forum".

Prior to that, I'm not getting any users imported either (which might be a problem later), but it's not failing on the user import.

FWIW, the upgraded Phorum web site works fine, showing all the old postings, etc., but the admin interface craps out... I get an error about it "misbehaving" by not returning a complete set of headers. I've tried the Phorum upgrade several times. I've even tried dropping all the extra columns I added to the phorum database first. Nothing doing.

Any ideas?

BTW, is there any way to import from IIS/NNTP? I have all the messages duplicated/synchronized there too.

David

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by dkendall
        These tables don't exist in Phorum 3.2.11, and I hadn't specified or used a table prefix.
        Which tables are in the database ? 3.2.x is a little old for the import so that may be it.

I found a copy of Phorum 3.4.8, and installed an instance in parallel on my server, then upgraded a copy the database. Then I re-tried the import. Still no joy.

Now I'm getting "Invalid forum object, skipping.options" for each of my forums when I do "Import Forum".
        That was a 1.30 issue, download impex again to ensure you have 1.31.

Prior to that, I'm not getting any users imported either (which might be a problem later), but it's not failing on the user import.
        If its not failing on the import what do you mean by they arn't importing ? have you sorted out the user groups ?

BTW, is there any way to import from IIS/NNTP? I have all the messages duplicated/synchronized there too.
        I would focus on getting them out of the forum as that will be much easier.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• dkendall
          • Mar 2006
          • 3.5.x

That was a 1.30 issue, download impex again to ensure you have 1.31.
          I'm not sure I understand this. I just downloaded today (from the Members area; zip format with .php extensions). The readme file says I have version 1.74.

Ah, never mind... the impex/index.php screen says it's 1.31.

If its not failing on the import what do you mean by they arn't importing ?
          I mean I click "Start Module" next to "Import User" and it says it's importing only one user (admin). The "Associate Users" screen shows only the admin user too.

But when I look at Phorum, all the articles have user names and e-mail addresses associated with them.

have you sorted out the user groups ?
          Sorry, I'm not sure what this means. Do I need to set up user groups in vBulletin before I import?

David

Comment

• Jerry
            • Dec 2002
            • 1.1.x

The phorum importer was written for 3.4.8, though I can't see the user table changing that much between minor versions.

The table that holds all the users in phorum3 is forums_auth. How many users do you have in there ?
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• dkendall
              • Mar 2006
              • 3.5.x

The table that holds all the users in phorum3 is forums_auth. How many users do you have in there ?
              I think I misunderstood what was supposed to be in the users table. I was expecting everyone who ever posted to phorum, but instead, it's registered users.

Anyway, the big problem is that it won't import the forums due to this "Invalid forum object, skipping.options" error.

I'm in the process of hacking up 004.php and massaging the forum table to try to work around it.

David

Comment

• Jerry
                • Dec 2002
                • 1.1.x

Anyway, the big problem is that it won't import the forums due to this "Invalid forum object, skipping.options" error.
                Download 1.32, I've fixed the issue.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...