X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DHeep
    • Feb 2006
    • 4.1.x

Impex - Import Users

When I attempt to import the users, module 3 of Impex Ubb.Classic on a clean install, I only get the first 254 users.

Any idea? It seems to work, but jsut stops at user 254 when I really have 1187 users in my ubb.classic board.
  • DHeep
    • Feb 2006
    • 4.1.x

Nevermind, just a logictics problem.

I know the issue, sort of.

Basically, I Have a NASTY messy ubb install with 2 member directories. 1 has 254 users, the other, all 1100 of them.

I can't seem to get the importer to properly point to the correct Members folder. But I'll keep hacking away at it.

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
      • Nov 2004
      • 3.8.x

I have no experience with importing from UBB, so i don't know if this works, but can't you just create a new directory and copy the contents of both member directories there, then use this combined directory for ImpEx?
      Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
      Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• DHeep
        • Feb 2006
        • 4.1.x

You know, I don't know. I didn't even consider it!

Right now, I'm battling a DNS problem with the our hosting service, I think.

I can't even get to the home page, and my computer can't even resolve the name.

Grrr

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
          • Nov 2004
          • 3.8.x

Can't you get there by IP-address?
          Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• DHeep
            • Feb 2006
            • 4.1.x

No, it's a shared IP.

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
              • Nov 2004
              • 3.8.x

That doesn't matter.

With a shared IP, try reaching it with:
              Code:
              http://1.2.3.4/[I]~<webaccountname>[/I]
              Replace ~<webaccountname> with your hostingaccount username. This will often work.

Comment

• DHeep
                • Feb 2006
                • 4.1.x

Ok, I'm back. Our hosting is fixed, and I've re-installed the vBulletin about a million times making sure I'm familiar with it.

I have an existing board @ http://www.tinbenders.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi and I am attempting to install vbulletin @ http://www.tinbenders.org/forum and while both forums work, I can't get Impex to work. I have been playing with Paths, but even after all that, I still can't get all the users to import. So I pressed on and tried importing forums and posts and although they seemed to import, once I saved the session, I saw nothing. Maybe I'm missing something important int eh instructions about that. If someone is interested in helping I would gladly replace the install folder and files so that someone could run through it, clean the DB (I've done about 30 times) and try an import on a clean board.

Thanks!!!!

--Phillip

Comment

• Jerry
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 1.1.x

If the forums/threads/posts did import correctly, did you save the forum display to rebuild the forum cache ?
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• DHeep
                    • Feb 2006
                    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Jerry
                    If the forums/threads/posts did import correctly, did you save the forum display to rebuild the forum cache ?
                    I sure wish I had a clue what you were talking about. I don't recal seeing that in the instructions. I just ran Impex, made sure I said OK to everything after it was done (not that it worked well, but to see the little it did act like it got) and then refreshed the forum page. I saw the members number increase, but if I clicked on Member List, no one was there. And the forums display didn't change either.

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
                      • Nov 2004
                      • 3.8.x

Please see Importing HOWTO. Especially the End Game part. You might also need to edit and save 1 forum to rebuild the forum list (AdminCP->Forums & Moderators->Forum Manager).

Comment

• DHeep
                        • Feb 2006
                        • 4.1.x

Forums and Posts aside (They are of little consequence) I still can't seem to get the members to function properly.

Does anyone know if Impex requires the Members Dir to reside within the CGI Dir?

Comment

• Jerry
                          • Dec 2002
                          • 1.1.x

Originally posted by DHeep
                          I sure wish I had a clue what you were talking about. I don't recal seeing that in the instructions. I just ran Impex, made sure I said OK to everything after it was done (not that it worked well, but to see the little it did act like it got) and then refreshed the forum page. I saw the members number increase, but if I clicked on Member List, no one was there. And the forums display didn't change either.
                          Just here :

The reason no one is in the members list is because of the usergroups and the forum cache is saving the display order.
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• DHeep
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 4.1.x

Jerry, thanks for the heads up.

I am currently copying my Members Dir (FTP by ASCII) so that I can relocate a copy of it to my CGI-BIN dir so Impex might like it better.

Thank you!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...