• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peter Walker
    • Oct 2005
    • 3.8.x

Error on importing from phpbb2 forum

Hi Jerry,
    I am in the process of importing my old phpbb2 based forum into vb 3.5.1.
    I have installed the very latest version of impex and all seemed to work when I run the scripts on the test forum.

I am now trying to import into the real forum and all goes well until I try to import the posts. For every post, I get the following error message:

Code:
    Warning: Wrong parameter count for strlen() in /impex/ImpExData.php(207) : runtime-created function on line 1
    I tried repeating that module, but have the same problem. I went through the forum maintainance procedures and after that, only the "Sticky" messages were displayed, not the normal messages. What should I do?
    Last edited by Peter Walker; Mon 28 Nov '05, 4:47pm.
    Regards

Peter Walker
    http://www.rifeforum.com
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

Ensure that you drop the vBfields table and delete the import session so ImpEx can rebuild it, all of the vbfields.dictionary entries should be "return true;"
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• pulsar_aj4
      • Sep 2005

I've just had exactly the same problem. I dropped the table, deleted the import session and started again. This gave me an SQL error message then because it couldn't find the table !

What I had to do was rebuild the table ( I copied it out of the sql backup I had made and ran it as an sql query ). I then ran the import again and it nows seems to be working ( no error messages this time ).

Shouldn't it be 'empty' table instead of 'drop' table ?

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

It shouldn't matter as the SQL will do a DROP TABLE IF EXISTS anyway, as long as the new vBfields SQL file is there and the session is deleted.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...