Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unsupported board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • unsupported board

    I need to import into vb 3.5 from a custom forum (that is, of course, unlisted in impex boards).
    What is the best way to do it?
    Maybe with txt_file importer (if so, how?)

    The structure of the forum is very simple: there's only a table, with these fields:

    id
    parentid
    threadid
    user
    title
    text
    datetime
    ip

  • #2
    Check out this for the users :

    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...85&postcount=3

    Personally I'd take a look at another import system, like phpBB2 and go from there.
    I wrote ImpEx.

    Blog | Me

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jerry
      Check out this for the users :

      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...85&postcount=3

      Personally I'd take a look at another import system, like phpBB2 and go from there.
      That post lacks attachments
      phpBB2 seems a bit overkilled to me, since my old board is much simpler and I just need to import messages, not users.

      Any other ideas?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by garak
        That post lacks attachments
        phpBB2 seems a bit overkilled to me, since my old board is much simpler and I just need to import messages, not users.

        Any other ideas?
        I will sort that attachment, you can't have post without users unless you want them all as guest.
        I wrote ImpEx.

        Blog | Me

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jerry
          I will sort that attachment, you can't have post without users unless you want them all as guest.
          Actually I just need to have all that posts to come from guest.
          So?

          Comment


          • #6
            Can you make a mysqldump of the table and PM me a link to it so I can have a look and figure out the best way to do it.
            I wrote ImpEx.

            Blog | Me

            Comment

            widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X