X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oreamnos
    • Dec 2004

Import script for bbpress

I realize that bbpress forums is in alpha right now but I am interested in it because I can't buy afford my 4th vb license right now and bbp fits the style of the subject of my site.

but if my site gets large I'd like to move things to vB. could i expect an import script for bbpress once it's out of alpha and beta stages?

thanks
    eric
    Websites For Sale | Adsense Ready Blogs For Sale
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

If you can supply the database, yes.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Oreamnos
      • Dec 2004

Great! Thanks.
      Websites For Sale | Adsense Ready Blogs For Sale

Comment

• esck
        • Feb 2007
        • 4.1.x

is this script already available on impex?

I'm thinking of changing my bbpress forum to vb

Comment

• Jerry
          • Dec 2002
          • 1.1.x

I never received the database so I've got nothing to write one from, if you can supply one, contact the support team via the members area and ask for me.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• jameso
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jerry
            I never received the database so I've got nothing to write one from, if you can supply one, contact the support team via the members area and ask for me.
            Hi Jerry,

Did you ever receive the bbpress database so you could write an importer?

If not, I would be happy to send you a database dump of our small (10 - 15 thread) bbpress forum so you could write an importer for it.

Thanks.

James

Comment

• Jerry
              • Dec 2002
              • 1.1.x

Contact me via the support system and I can look at it to see what I can do.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• davadda
                • Nov 2006
                • 3.6.x

Hi.

Was it true that your support answered me that they will not develop an import script, even though I'm a paying customer?

We need to import the bbpress database of one of our forums to vb and bought another license for that purpose, but got as answer, that a bbpress importer will not be developed.

davadda

Comment

• Jerry
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 1.1.x

Originally posted by davadda
                  Was it true that your support answered me that they will not develop an import script, even though I'm a paying customer?

We need to import the bbpress database of one of our forums to vb and bought another license for that purpose, but got as answer, that a bbpress importer will not be developed.

davadda
                  Being a paying customer has nothing to do with the development of importers, being a customer dosen't mean you get custom code written on demand.

They aren't written on an individuals demand basis. There are more factors to their development than that.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• davadda
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 3.6.x

Being a paying customer has nothing to do with the development of importers, being a customer dosen't mean you get custom code written on demand.
                    First of all thank you for your answer.

Isn't it a good idea to help your customers to migrate there "old" forums, that depend on other scripts or software solutions, to vbulletin, because if a customer has problems to do so he will not renew his license or take a new one for an other project.

I think it is your job to help customers to migrate there forums to vbulletin and make it for them as easy as possible. Why should i take a license for vbulletin, if I have problems with the import of the data and won't get help from you or your development team?

Comment

• Jerry
                      • Dec 2002
                      • 1.1.x

First of all thank you for your answer.

Isn't it a good idea to help your customers to migrate there "old" forums, that depend on other scripts or software solutions, to vbulletin, because if a customer has problems to do so he will not renew his license or take a new one for an other project.
                      That is what ImpEx does for over 125 systems.

I think it is your job to help customers to migrate there forums to vbulletin and make it for them as easy as possible. Why should i take a license for vbulletin, if I have problems with the import of the data and won't get help from you or your development team?
                      I have explained how the systems for ImpEx are chosen and implemented, there is even a request thread here for them.

I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...