Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PakPassion
    • Jun 2005

Where are all the members in usergroups

Things are going a tad strange here, We imported everything to VB from phpbb, but thing that was strange was all the user titles got converted into user groups well I dont mind that I can try and fix it but to top it of all the users in the primary usergroups are no where to be seen when I go to usergroup manager, in registered user group (default one) it says 0 users, in all others there are either 1 or two, we have around 900 users and they all seem to be missing from any usergroup mentioned in the usergroup manager though those user exist when I search for them I can see their profile, their posts and everything.

Now going into phpmyadmin I go to vb3 database and this is what I see is that all users (besides me, the other admin and a few users I edited manually) everyone has "usergroupid" field set as 0

So what should I do I belive I need to run a sql querry which will update the usergroupid of all the users? am I correct? the id of usergroup administrator is 6, registered user is 2. I want all the users with usergroup id set as 0 to update to usergroup id 2, then I will promote the admins and mods manually so can anyone tell me the sql querry or is there another solution to this?

There also seems to be another problem when a new user registers he also goes into that mysterious userid=0 usergroup.
    Last edited by PakPassion; Sun 12 Jun '05, 2:05am.
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

What version of phpBB are you using and what version of impex ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• PakPassion
      • Jun 2005

2.0.15 of phpbb and latest version of impex dunno which one is that, I just clicked download impex below the download Vbulletin button, all the data seems to be ported except there is this problem.

Besides all the modules were executed without even a single error being reported no idea why this is happening.
      Last edited by PakPassion; Sun 12 Jun '05, 4:12am.

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by PakPassion
        So what should I do I belive I need to run a sql querry which will update the usergroupid of all the users? am I correct? the id of usergroup administrator is 6, registered user is 2. I want all the users with usergroup id set as 0 to update to usergroup id 2, then I will promote the admins and mods manually so can anyone tell me the sql querry or is there another solution to this?

There also seems to be another problem when a new user registers he also goes into that mysterious userid=0 usergroup.
        Sound like vBulletin is broken if new users that resgister are usergroupid=0 as well, sounds like a fundemental issue opposed to the import.

The impex version is in the impex.readme.txt . The phpBB2 import is usualy very good with usergroups, what hacks do you have installed ?
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• PakPassion
          • Jun 2005

/**
          * A read me
          * @package ImpEx
          * @version $Revision: 1.72 $
          * @author Jerry Hutchings <[email protected]>
          * @date $Date: 2005/05/27 22:07:13 $

Thats the impex information available

phpbb wasnt hacked that much just a few hacks like PM function customized, countdown timer at the top of forum and small things like that nothing major that would effect the porting, Ok I am sorry I double checked in phpmyadmin new users are going to usergroupid=2 so I guess the issue isnt that big, so what should be the sql querry I run to shift usergroupid=0 to usergroupid=2 The reason for above mistake was that usergroupid=0 were not comming on the memberlist when I registered a new test account that didnt come on memberlist either but that was becuase minimum of 5 posts were needed to come on member list, sorry for misunderstanding there.

Comment

• Jerry
            • Dec 2002
            • 1.1.x

If all the imported users have usergroupid=0 thats a little worrying, though to fix that the SQL is :

Code:
            UPDATE user SET usergroupid=2 WHERE usergroupid=0;
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• PakPassion
              • Jun 2005

Well their primary group was set to 0 secondary groups were intact, will this solve the problem or do I have a bigger problem then I realize?

Comment

• Jerry
                • Dec 2002
                • 1.1.x

Originally posted by PakPassion
                Well their primary group was set to 0 secondary groups were intact, will this solve the problem or do I have a bigger problem then I realize?
                For a phpBB import to not get the usergroups and the membergroup id's is very unusal, unless the import is broken half way through, session deleted or database changed during the import.

Though if the usergroupid being 0 is the only issue, then that SQL will sort it.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• PakPassion
                  • Jun 2005

Well it worked thanks for that

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...