Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tresclub
    • May 2005

Not All phpBB2 Threads & Posts Imported

Just finished the first import from my old php board to my new vB board. A little shaky, but all in all, went pretty good. There is no doubt about it, importers definitely need to follow that How-To very closely, especially The End Game.

Now, here is where I have my big problem: all my catagories and forums made it ok; however, not all of the posts made it.

ie.
    In the From the Directors forum, there were 14 topics, and 14 posts on the old board. On the front page of the new board, it shows 14 threads, and 14 posts, but when you look inside the forum, there is only one thread, and one reply.

In the Generally Speaking forum, there were 156 topics, and 1306 posts on the old board. On the front page of the new board, it shows 156 threads, and 1347 posts, but when you look inside the forum, there are only 7 threads, and 42 replies.

In the Scorer's Tent forum, there were 154 topics, and 921 posts on the old board. On the front page of the new board, it shows 154 threads, and 921 posts, but when you look inside the forum, there are only 12 posts, and 45 replies.
    etc, etc

I made sure and went back and rebuilt the thread and forum counters, and rebuilt the search index.

The membership listing is good. It shows I have 687 posts (which is correct); however, a search only found 351 of them.

So, my question is: what do I need do to get all of the threads and post imported from my old board?

Old phpBB2Plus Board

New 3.0.7 Board

Warren
  • Marco van Herwaarden
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.8.x

If you are browsing a forum, for example your "From the Directors" forum, you will see a dropdown box in the bottom of the page, which now say "From the last Month". Choose "From the beginning" there.

You can set this also as a default in the Forum Settings:
    AdminCP->Forums & Moderators->Forum Manager: Edit Forum->Default View Age
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• Tresclub
      • May 2005

Originally posted by MarcoH64
      If you are browsing a forum, for example your "From the Directors" forum, you will see a dropdown box in the bottom of the page, which now say "From the last Month". Choose "From the beginning" there.
      Outstanding!!! Thanks Marco. Is this option available to all users when they view a page? I'm asking because, in an effort to save viewing space/time, I am thinking about setting it to show posts from only the last two weeks. Then, if viewers want to see more, they could use the options in the dropdown box.

Warren

btw, is there a way to "mass change" these catagory/forum settings?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

To update all forums at once, run this query (assuming no table prefix is being used):

UPDATE forum SET daysprune=-1;

After running that query, update the forum counters:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Forum Information
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
          • Nov 2004
          • 3.8.x

To make the default cutoff at 2 weeks, you must use the value of 14 instead of -1 in the quesry Steve showed you.

And yes members also have the option on the Forum display page to change the default.
          Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
          Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• Tresclub
            • May 2005

Thanks guys, I sincerely appreciate all your help!!!

Warren

Comment

• bluidkiti
              • Jun 2004
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              To update all forums at once, run this query (assuming no table prefix is being used):

UPDATE forum SET daysprune=-1;

After running that query, update the forum counters:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Forum Information
              Sweet! Just what I was looking for! Thank you!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...