X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gary Fischman
    • Jan 2001
    • 3.0.10+

UBB -> vB Link translation

Anyone come up with a solution for converting internal forum hyperlinks from UBB to vB? Any post that references another post or thread now has a broken link, obviously. But there doesn't seem to be any sort of "rule" to convert them.

Any thoughts?
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

This is internal link parsing, there is a phpBB internal parser that got to prototype, then was withdrawn as it needs a lot more work.

Though there is plans to get a generic one made for as many boards as possible in the near future.

All I can suggest is to keep the import id's on the threads/forums/posts as it will be able to be run retrospectively.

In the mean time, leave the old board there as read only for reference or set up a redirect.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• tommythejoat
      • Apr 2008
      • 4.2.x

Progress?

I was searching for a way to do this short of writing the rewrite script myself and found this thread.

Has there been any progress on converting internal references on the source board to internal references on the target vb3 board?

The foreign references are working at the moment and correctly display the threads on the source board.

I am not able to do repeated imports (I think) because I cannot delete the importid's following each import.
      Tom McIntyre
      http://mb.nawcc.org - My vBulletin site
      http://awco.org - My home

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

The link is in my sig, you can always move the import id's to a dedicated table (and you could then make it a HEAP/MEMORY (with a backup) for even more efficiency) so you can do more imports.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...