Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dilly
    • Mar 2005

Impex Action Canceled

I have installed vbulletin on the server, uploaded the impex files and edited the impex config files.

When I go into my admin panel and click on Import / Export nothing happens.

I tried the same thing in Internet Explorer, hoping for an error message or something, and the main frame of the admin page turned into an action canceled page.

Does anyone know what's wrong?
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

Sounds like PHP or impex is trying to do something, that the local config won't let it.

Does it say anything about being stopped because of a time out ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Dilly
      • Mar 2005

Nope - no timeout.

There shouldn't be a timeout as all i'm trying to do is open the impex page itself. I'm not actually trying to convert anything.

I recently upgrading mysql to version 4.1.11 - would that be the reason? Or perhaps the newer version of php?

Comment

• Dilly
        • Mar 2005

I'm smarter than i thought. I worked it out. I was trying to access the database from somewhere other than local, and therefore I had to change the host for my mysql access to %, with all privileges.

Good learning experience I suppose. Thanks Jerry.

Comment

• Dilly
          • Mar 2005

Hmm - now it seems to be doing the same thing when it gets to import posts. No error message, just the link doesn't work in Mozilla, and in IE it gets an action canceled message. No timeout message at all.

Everything goes fine up until that point, but the butto at the bottom of the import posts doesn't work.

Comment

• Dilly
            • Mar 2005

Noone?

Sorry to be annoying, but I really need to get this sorted.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

My guess is this is a server issue. Fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Dilly
                • Mar 2005

If I fill out a support ticket it will go to the email address which the license is registered to. I don't have access to that, as i'm only working for the person who licensed it. How do I get around that?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...