X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PamelaE
    • Feb 2005

Usernames and passwords

Hi,

Did the import and run some tests. My test Users get invalid username or password when trying to login
  • PamelaE
    • Feb 2005

Just to add that the usernames are coming up on the display rather than display name.

For example the username Afton_Cooper has Afton in the display name of the profile but when she posts it shows Afton_Cooper

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Which system did you import from? On some systems the password cannot be imported.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• PamelaE
        • Feb 2005

Really? Oh fab, didnt know that lol

From EVE

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

The Eve import post does not say if passwords are imported or not:

And vB does not have a display name option. It is my understanding that you choose which name you want when you do thie import.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• PamelaE
            • Feb 2005

What do you mean sorry? How do you choose when you do the import? I see in users profiles there there is a 'display' name and username. The display names are filled out correct, as in the info has been carried over in the correct way.

My head is buzzing now If I cant carry over passwords do you have any suggestions that will make life easier for the users?

Sorry I have been with that other company for many years so its a bit of a shift in thinking to find my way around the vB board.

Comment

• Jerry
              • Dec 2002
              • 1.1.x

The DISPLAY_NAME is imported and shown in the profile, though the USERNAME is used as the vBulletin user name.

The passwords can't be imported, the users have to request new ones, using the lost password link.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• PamelaE
                • Feb 2005

Thanks Jerry,

Ok thats cool, I gather we can change e-mails and stuff for people who dont have their e-mails anymore. We have 6 years of users so some may have forgotten.

Anyway thanks for your help with this, its appreciated

Comment

• PamelaE
                  • Feb 2005

Another thing I have noticed is that all the join dates say todays date, is that another thing not carried over?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

You need to update the user, thread and forum counters after the import.

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Update Counters

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• PamelaE
                      • Feb 2005

Yep I have done that and it still says 1970, I have even logged in and out and it still says my last visit was 1970

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

Something's wrong then. Fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• PamelaE
                          • Feb 2005

Thanks Steve, I have sent in the relevent information .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...