Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew B.
    • Aug 2004

Need Advice re: Usergroups after import

I did an ImpEx import from vBulletin 3.0.5 to vBulletin 3.0.6. Users only, along with their usergroups, avatars, and custom pics. Because I was already set up as the only member in the target place (and the Administrator), I associated myself from the old board to the new board.

Now I have some questions:

1. After the import, I could see all the members in the control panel. But in the forum, when I clicked Members List, I was the only one there. The default also said to show members. so I could not understand why this was happening. Then I noticed that in under custom usergroups there were two for banned users. So I removed one. All of a sudden, I could see all the members in the member list. Odd, but sometimes shaking up software fixes things. Is this a known thing that happens? Should I worry about this?

2. All the imported usergroups were set up as custom usergroups. And all the users but me are in custom user groups. This means I have a default user group called "Super Moderators" and a custom user group called "Super Moderators." Same for Administrators, Moderators, Registered Users, etc. This is going to get confusing with all the double usergroup names on lists. So my questions are:

a. Is this normal after an import? Is this cause for concern?

b. Is it okay to delete the default usergroups that duplicate the custom ones. All the users but me are in the custom ones. I would have to leave two Administrator groups (Default and Custom) but I guess I could live with that.

c. Or, is there a way to globally transfers everyone in one group to another group.

3. I guess the other choice would be not import using ImpEx. I could upgrade the source board to 3.0.6, directly import the entire database, then delete all the forums in the target and leave the users. Seems a little messy, but would this be a better way to do it?

Andrew
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I think you'll find these answers in the Importing How-To Thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Andrew B.
      • Aug 2004

Okay, I started moving each user one by one. So far it seems to be working, except I keep getting this error message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /admincp/user.php on line 904

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /admincp/user.php on line 923

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...