X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geiri
    • Feb 2004
    • 4.0.x

Subdreamer cms

I would like it very much if Impex could import articles from Subdreamer CMS

Could this be arranged?

Comment

• lurch_cr
      • May 2010

Just wanted to throw this one in here.... it's probably been said before, but as a n00b I didnt realise;

When running the import it is good to have the import prograss running on its own in a new tab/window.
      So either middle-click, or ctrl-click the 'import' link (the sub-menu item) in the left hand side menu.

Why?
      When I started, it would get to the third page and seem to stop, although it was still refreshing. After messing around for a good hour I realised it was the local cache that wasnt keeping up.
      So why the seperate window/tab?
      Because if you go Ctrl-Shift-R (in FFox) is will refresh the entire Admin console and return you to the admin home page. (and no, right-click > this frame > refresh doesnt work, as that still pulls from the local cache.)
      Running the import in a new tab on its own (ie, no left hand menu) allows you to refresh just *that page*

You will find as you refresh the page will update to the current progress.

cheers,
      Lurch
      Last edited by lurch_cr; Thu 13 May '10, 9:21pm. Reason: added more info

Comment

• janaf
        • Dec 2009

Hi,

I would like a generic capability to import files to vB user accounts file attachments area, from things like picture gallery add-ons, and file attachment add-ons.

Many add-ons like this use file system storage with one directory per forum user.

Thanks

Comment

• orok
          • Feb 2005
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Jerry
          Currently :
          • usergroup
          • user
          • custom pic
          • forum
          • thread
          • pm
          • moderators
          • smilie
          • attachment

Paid Memberships/Subscriptions

Will look at this for sure, as it involves money and dates, so admins and users will want to make sure that's all ok.

Any Changed/edited Phrases

Anything that has a dateline, username or version has been modified so I could import then with the question of overwriting the current varname.

Usergroup/forum permissions

Already done.

Custom cron

Easy enough can import them all and set them to not be active, then leave it for the admin to clean up.

FAQ

I've never had a request for this before, not too sure about that one.

User Settings

All the settings are imported as they are in the source, its a copy and paste of all the date.

User Notes

Yes, will add this the user module.

IP logs

Adminlog and cron log would be simple enough.
          • Users Albums
          • Groups

from 3.8

Thank you

Comment

• dmm2020
            • Jun 2010

A suggestion would be include an option to merge multiple users as a batch, i.e., user imported_xxx with xxx and so on. Trying to merge 5000 or more member accounts is for the birds to be quite honest and is a major weakness of the vBulletin system.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...