Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dchan
    • May 2004

more info that might help

I have been trying different things and have found that if I create a new thread or post the post ID seems to be in line with the fact that all the imported data exists.

The home page shows 2 categories and 2 forums however if you mouse over the test forums you will see the forum ID is something other than the 1-4 you would expect. I think it's forum id: 19

If I try to access any specific forum between the 2 and 19 that seem to exist I get the following message

su_dchan, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I have also tried accessing a specific post and get the same message. There are in excess of 220000 posts I can't get to!

Comment

• dchan
      • May 2004

for those trying to help,

here's the new, not working forum.

Comment

• Jimmy Kane
        • Dec 2003

are the forums in the forum manager section of the admin cp?
        ( I THINK you have to reapply all the permissions?)

Comment

• dchan
          • May 2004

No, they do not appear in the admin control panel either.

Re-apply permissions?

I didn't see anywhere to do that. just view or set permissions.

Comment

• dchan
            • May 2004

thinking about permissions, is there a line in the adminfunctions_forums.php or one of the other admincp files that would allow me to view and maybe change the forum access.

Or is there a sql query I can input to give the forum access to these "access denied" forums, threads, and posts.

Thanks.

Dave

Comment

• dchan
              • May 2004

more info,

poking around in the admincp I find that if I check permissions, the system seems to think I have access to all the forums. All the permissions for all the forums are set to yes. but because they don't appear in my Admin Control panel, I can't manipulate them.

Dave

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...