X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roppertop
    • Apr 2004

Invalid passwords after import

Hi,

I have installed vB3.01, and just completed importing all my old data from an Invision Board1.3 install.
    Everything seems to have worked, except for the fact that none of my users (including my old admin user) can log in :P

The old boards were originally converted from IkonBoards, and I was using a password patch so passwords from the first installation would world with the ipb install (which was later updraged to ipb1.3)
    I am guessing this is the problem, but from the "Ikonboard mySQL 3.1.1 to Invision Power Board v1.1" conversion readme file it says:

"Upload the "Login.php" file that came with this convertor to the "sources" directory in your Invision Power Board installation. This will overwrite the existing "Login.php" file that came with your Invision Power Board.
    This is because Ikonboard uses a different technique to crypt passwords and extra code is needed to convert the passwords when the member logs in for the first time. The code is harmless and totally secure and can be left in place long after all your members have converted their passwords."

This implies that the passwords would be converted on demand as users logged in, and I converted from Ikonboard to ipb around a year ago.

Any suggestions?

-R
  • Roppertop
    • Apr 2004

Hi again.

I found the solution to my problem in this thread.

This topic can be closed.

Comment

• Jerry
      • Dec 2002
      • 1.1.x

It should be set in impex/systems/ipb/004.php where the password is stored in the data object.

Code:
      $this->_password_md5_already = true;
      $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'password', $user['password']);
      Its been fixed to do that now.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...