Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Niji
    • Mar 2004

Several php2BB importer problems

I'm having several problems with the php2bb importer scripts... I have already created a support ticket for the most severe one, but was wondering after the experiences of others.
    1. First off, after doing the import multiple times (each time into a clean vb3 installation), the results seem to vary despite me doing it the same... I find that a little disturbing. Has anyone else noticed that or am I missing subtle differences in my usage or the importer script?
    2. I'm creating a single user in the vb3 installation; the mandatory admin user. When associating this admin user to the existing phpbb admin user, everything seems to go fine. However, I end up with TWO admin users... one being the vb3 admin user and the other being the imported phpbb2 admin user. Their not being merged it seems?!?
    3. When updating the counters, sometimes my "Members" statistics stays stuck on 1 despite me seeing all members in the member list.
    4. After updating the counter, I'm seeing the following message, which is nonsens since my last post was less than 30 days ago.. even setting the last post search to any post younger that a year doesn't help:
      There have been no posts in the last 30 days in this forum.
      Try using the controls below to search for any older posts that may exist.
    Anybody having the same problems and found a solution?
  • infobeto
    • Apr 2004

For 3,4

3. If you register a new user you will see the correct number of users
    4. This is the default setting for each forum you have. Go to the admincp and change it for each forum to show all threads.

For 1

I haven't noticed something like that.

For 2

Why do you do a merge? Import everything and then delete the user you don't want.

By the way, Did you have the private messages imported? There is problem with that. Can you check it and let us know?

Comment

• TheMusicMan
      • Oct 2002
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by infobeto
      By the way, Did you have the private messages imported? There is problem with that. Can you check it and let us know?
      ...? what's the issue with the PM import from phpBB infobeto?
      John

Comment

• Niji
        • Mar 2004

For 3,4

3. If you register a new user you will see the correct number of users
        4. This is the default setting for each forum you have. Go to the admincp and change it for each forum to show all threads.

For 1

I haven't noticed something like that.

For 2

Why do you do a merge? Import everything and then delete the user you don't want.

About 3.... igh... that seems to work, but ouch?
        About 4.... Ok, thanx! That worked.
        About 1.... Probably the late nights on my part
        About 2.... Because the merge would seem to be the intended effect of the associate step.

The PM all seem to be imported without any problems. Also, the messages I saw in some threads concerning some users not being imported... all my users are imported, none are missing. Though I must admit to having a VERY low number of users.

Comment

• infobeto
          • Apr 2004

I'm doing the import from the beginning right now.

So far all users have gone through.

Waiting for the PMs to see if they work. The known problem is that only sent items were imported. Now that he script has changed hope this is fixed.

Wish me good luck

Another question. Do you see active users in threads? I had a problem after an import and I thought it might be relevant to the importing process.
          The problem I had is that each user could see only himself, not the other users browsing the thread

Comment

• infobeto
            • Apr 2004

PMs did not go through properly.

Sent items were imported into inbox. The phpbb2 inbox was not imported at all. Are you sure you have everything right with PMs?

Comment

• Niji
              • Mar 2004

Hmmm... I only check to see if I had any posts at all.... not in which box they were put... How do I verify this? How can I check in the phpbb database in which box the original is and in which box it is in the vb3 DB?

Comment

• infobeto
                • Apr 2004

Just go to the private Messages of your account. Hope you have some...

But I can guarantee that only the sent box was transferred. Jerry is working that out and He will release a new importer today or tomorrow.

Comment

• Niji
                  • Mar 2004

...out and He will ...
                  Wow... that brings Jerry into a new perspective...

Comment

• infobeto
                    • Apr 2004

Is it She?

Comment

• Niji
                      • Mar 2004

Don't know actually, could be, but I'm assuming he's a he...

I was more looking at the capital H in the "He" that you wrote... Jerry the all powerfull..?

Comment

• infobeto
                        • Apr 2004

My English is not that good to understand what you meant

And yes, it's He

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...