• Nemon
    • Jun 2002

Import script for IPB barfed.

On import user groups it barfs with
    Code:
    Invalid SQL: 
    			SELECT * FROM ibf_members
    			LIMIT ,
    mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 2

mysql error number: 1064
    The error apears to be missing limit values and code from the looks of ipb\003.php

Any help?

I've submited a support ticket.
  • Nemon
    • Jun 2002

Also it apears to be trying to get group info from the members table??

Looks like the IPB importer is messed up.

Comment

• Nemon
      • Jun 2002

Dosnt seem to keep the display order of forums either.

Comment

• Nemon
        • Jun 2002

Ugh

These import scripts are beta?

Found problems, totaly wasted my day.

They have issues with ( ) in passwords.

The user group importer is totaly non functional.

They totally scrambled the forums parent settings resulting in invisible forums in the database that i had to manually set to the correct parents.

The the last straw, they dont maintain forum permisions correctly, IPB allows groups to gain access from several access masks, the only way i see that working in vB3 is using zombie groups to act as access masks for forums.

So that would basicly mean i would have to set access for 30 groups on over 200 forums, you can imagine what i think about that.
        I cannot import IPB to vB3 with that script.
        Last edited by Nemon; Sat 17 Apr '04, 4:54pm.

Comment

• Incendium
          • Apr 2004
          • 3.8.x

DO what i did and import to vB2, then upgrade vB2 to vB3. Lengthy process, but it works and is accurate. I did not have to correct ANY data when i did so. You will have to re-do the permisssions though.

Comment

• Nemon
            • Jun 2002

That wont maintain the permisions correctly either.

IPB uses access masks, you can have several masks per group resulting in a final group permision set for forums, this is the way i do this on my forums due to the large number of user groups and forums, the import script doesnt seem to take that into account.

I guess the import script could just build the group forum permisions from all the access masks that group derives forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...