Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gyrus
    • Apr 2004

imported IPB users unable to log in

Hi, I have used impex to import existing IPB users, forums, threads, posts and polls from IPB 1.3.1 to VB 3.0.1 and now all imported users are unable to log in. Looks like all passwords were imported (or converted) incorrectly because users can reset a password and get a new working one on their email.

Can someone direct me towards resolving this issue? How can I determine what exactly is causing the problem?

Can it be somehow connected with user groups not being imported correctly? Because I had to set usergoupid manually for all users. Also I did not import styles, PMs, ignore and buddy lists, and moderators. Though after I updated counters and tested imported threads, posts, polls and users everything looked good. Except for users which are unable to log in.
  • gyrus
    • Apr 2004

Looks like I solved it. Needed to change $_password_md5_already from "false" to "true" in impExData.php. Hope vbulletin support will reflect it somewhere in impex docs in future.

Comment

• Jerry
      • Dec 2002
      • 1.1.x

I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...