• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • infobeto
    • Apr 2004

Not all users imported

Ηι!

First of all excuse me for my poor English

I did a fresh install of 3.0.1 and tried to import from phpBB2. The problem I have is that not all users went through to vbulletin. I have 1437 users and 22 of them did not go through
    I tried to figure out what is that those users have that others don't but with no success. I have filled in a ticket but Jerry needs my data in order to figure out the problem. I will sent them to him but in the meantime I thought I could ask here in case someone knows something.

Thank you in advace.
    Nektarios.
  • ITDev
    • Mar 2004

Same here. Ive lost 10 users. Maybe there were some unallowed characters used in their names? No idea..
    TraceRT - Networking Tools | CyberAdmirer - Post your pic

Comment

• infobeto
      • Apr 2004

I've sent Jerry my db. Waiting for a response. I will let you know if he sorts it out... (hopefully...)

Comment

• flyertech
        • May 2001
        • 3.0.0 'Gold'

We had the same problems as well with the move to 3.0.0 not bringing over all users. Luckily, we still had our old member files on the old server, and I rebuilt the missing user files on the new system, but still...

Comment

• infobeto
          • Apr 2004

Jerry, any news?

I'm stuck. Cannot move the forum and start using vbulletin

Thanx a lot.

Nektarios.

Comment

• infobeto
            • Apr 2004

Hi!

It's me again

Just got a response from Jerry with a correct sql dump of the transfer.

However, I think we should be able to do it ourselves since this is the meaning of the importers anyway.

Jerry thanks a lot for your effort But I would really appreciate if I could do the import myself (I suppose other customers as well would like that).

Regards,
            Nektarios.

Comment

• ITDev
              • Mar 2004

I dont understand.. He dumped your database on his own? Like he SShd into your server? Um.. Whats the difference between him doing the dump or you? Youve lost me here..

PS: I didnt know you even have to do the dump? Doesnt script (impex) just connect to the database directly?

Thanks!

Comment

• infobeto
                • Apr 2004

Hi!

I thought I explained in my first posts.

What I did is (because could not run the script on my own successfuly due to missing users) to send Jerry an SQL dump of my phpbb2 database.
                He did the import and he sent me back the VB3 database to upload it.

What I would like is to be able to do it on my own with the importer script.

Hope I made myself clear.

Regards,
                Nektarios.

Comment

• ITDev
                  • Mar 2004

Yeah, but what did Jerry do different than you have? I mean, why would it work when he did it and not when you or I have? Did he explain it?

Comment

• infobeto
                    • Apr 2004

I'm waiting for his answer. That's what I asked him.
                    I will let you know as soon as I have something.

Comment

• ITDev
                      • Mar 2004

OK.. I thought this wont be a mayor problem for us as only 10 out of 1200 were deleted. I was hoping its the unactive ones.. But unfortunatelly, one of our regular and valuable members has already complained about losing his account. Now his posts are marked as GUEST.. And there could be others as well.

I hope he is the only one that had this happen to him, but Im wondering is there a way to get him back without having to go through the whole process again? Ive already set the setting and new forum sections the way I want them and woul HATE to do it all over again, while I would really like to get those accounts back.

ANY HELP? THANKS!
                      Last edited by ITDev; Sat 17 Apr '04, 8:38am.

Comment

• infobeto
                        • Apr 2004

While waiting to hear from jerry this is what I did.

1. Imported users. Found who were missing. Found the ones with posts (luckily only 2).
                        2. Created those users manually in VB3 through admin panel. Gave them everything the same as phpBB2. For the password you can set one of your own and then copy the one from phpBB2 at a database lever, or tell those users the new password and ask them to change it.
                        3. Identify the id numbers of those users you created in VB3. Easily done querying the database.
                        4. Run the Association Script. Associate the usernames of the usenames in problem with the ids you got in step3.
                        5. Run everything else (i.e. posts, threads).

That's what I did and all posts have their posters now and all members I wanted went through. Don't care too much for inactive ones. They can register again

Hope I helped.

Comment

• ITDev
                          • Mar 2004

Wow, that sounds great. Ill give it a try Thanks!

Comment

• infobeto
                            • Apr 2004

For me this this the worst case scenario. I did it cause I wanted to test it first. I would very much like to get everything working with the importers so I have minimum downtime during transfer to VB3.

I got an answer from Jerry that he is looking into it. PMs also are being looked in. So hopefully we have something from Monday. I am not in the rush so I'll give it a week time before I transfer manually.

Le me know how it went with my suggestion.

Comment

• ITDev
                              • Mar 2004

Yeah, Im not saying Im happy with this. But at least its a solution.. My members have been waiting long enough and I cant keep on waiting for Jelsoft to come up with bug fixes cos you never know how much time will it take to get it all fixed. So for now, Im just glad if Ill be able to get those members back, while Ill have to wait for pms

But apparently Ive had a problem with the association.. I did as you said, and it says it went through successfully, but it doesnt show on the main impex page. It still says 0 assocciations done eventhough after the association process Ive got the page saying its done.. And when I check the user Ive created, it still has 0 posts.. Any ideas?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...