X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheMusicMan
    • Oct 2002
    • 3.7.x

Import Script error ...

I started to run the vB3.0.1 Import script and came across an error... I followed the instructions on screen... and now cannot see anything when I click on Import/Export in ACP...

Here's what I did:
    • Set the target and source files in the impexconfig.php file as the same database, uploaded this file etc...
    • Clicked on Import/Export in ACP
    • Was presented with a pull down menu... selected phpBB
    • Was presented with (I think) about 12 seperate module buttons
    • Clicked the first button (which if I remember correctly was something about checking the database) - that module reported as finished OK
    • Clicked on 2nd module button which I think was about Users, and then received the error that said something like...
    no such table exists in database etc etc AND said I could press refresh on my browser to try this again... so I did, and was then sent back to the main page of my ACP.?
    • Clicked on Import/Export again - was presented with a blank ACP inner frame i.e. I can see and use the ACP menu, but nothing appears in main window after clicking on Import/Export.
    Can anyone help please, I'm well stuck - thanks.
    John

I have exactly the same error!

Am real eager to get it running as I don't want to import into vb2 and then upgrade to vb3

Comment

I really need help on this one asap - if possible?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Please do not bump your posts so quickly. Also you should post your own thread with all the relevant details.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

sorry..., its late and i'm eager for some help, but don't worry, I'll just go via vb2 instead

Comment

• TheMusicMan
            • Oct 2002
            • 3.7.x

To solve this I ended up creating a new MySQL db, then ran the import script again but this time I DIDN'T select to run module 2 (associate users - not sure what that is exactly) ...!!!

I ran all the other modules... and everything (so far) is working OK.

I have a support ticket out to establish why this occurred.
            John

Comment

• mOdEtWo
              • Dec 2003
              • 3.7.x

It's caused by a typo in the php file for associating users (step 2):

meow

Comment

• TheMusicMan
                • Oct 2002
                • 3.7.x

...thanks

Can you explain what 'associate' users actually means though please...?
                John

Comment

• mOdEtWo
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 3.7.x

Originally posted by TheMusicMan
                  Can you explain what 'associate' users actually means though please...?
                  Let's say you're going to convert your forum from phpBB2 (or whatever other forum software supported). You have made a clean install of vB3, and you already have an account on this installation. You most probably also have an account on the phpBB2 forum, and Associating Users will help you to merge these two accounts into 1 account.
                  meow

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...