• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottct1
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.2.X

Importing from Eve Help

Ok I just downloaded the importer.

I am running Eve and it is being hosted by Infopop.

How do I Import it? Do I need to download my Eve database and put it somewhere? Or will this script connect to my site and download everything it needs?

Also when I run http://beta.dishretailer.com/impex/index.php I just get a silver bar on top saying Import / Export on the top and the word Redirecting.... in the bottom bar.

What am I doing wrong?

Help please!
    Yup I run a BIG Board.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Moved to a more approate forum, ill direct jerry over to help with the import

Comment

• Jerry
      • Dec 2002
      • 1.1.x

Its best if you can get hold of your eve database and run it on the same server, I don't think that the shared hosting will actually allow remote connection and I'd take a bet that Infopop won't host vB for you to import to on thier servers.

So yea, take a copy of the eve database and put it on your new server with vB3 and go from there.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• scottct1
        • Jan 2003
        • 4.2.X

So download my database, and I am guessing to take the sql file and import it into sql? Then run the script?

Or can I just take the sql and put it in a directory and it will pull it from there?

Sorry for the dumb questions there are really no instructions and I have never done this before.

Thanks
        Yup I run a BIG Board.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...