X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • user 1-2-3
    • Oct 2002
    • 4.2.x

Import form UBB.classic 6.3.1 to vB 3.0.1

Importers currently available are ubb.classic 6.7. Is previous versions compatible? I have 6.3.1. Will importer work with it?

Another questions also:

1. How user's passwords will be converted? As I know in vB they are encrypted, but in UBB it's plain text. Will the users' have thier password changed?

2. I want download my existing UBB forum and make import in local machine. How then I can move databases from local machine to web server? I know, how to save, but I don't know how to restore it.
  • user 1-2-3
    • Oct 2002
    • 4.2.x

Can anybody answer?

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Jerry said somewhere that it should work for older versions and if it doesnt he will get it to work.

Users wont lose their passowrds, they will have their passwords hashed (md5 is a hashsing system, not encryption) Apon the import im guessing.

For more info on moving servers try http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/moving_servers

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

I believe the importer is backward compatible to 6.x.

1. Their current passwords are converted to vB encrypted passwords. They do not have to change them.

2. I didn't think the UBB.Classic used a database. Nonetheless you will need to move all the UBB data to whatever server you have installed vB to.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...