X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheMusicMan
    • Oct 2002
    • 3.7.x

Specific info on content of phpBB2 Import Script

Not too sure if this is the correct forum to post this question, or even if an answer can be provided by vB staff, but I thought I'd ask anyhow.

This thread question is also nothing about when the phpBB2 import script might be available - that information is elsewhere in other threads - it's about exactly what the script will do, and what will be catered for within it.

As a new vB user with an existing phpBB2 forum, and not having used a prior version of vB at all, I have no idea as to specifically what the import script will import!! Is there a Functional Specification Document available that details exactly what will be brought across during the import process and what won't be...?

Will all forums be created, will all users and their posts come across, what about polls, will hidden forums appear, what about user/forum permissions...? What about PM's, closed threads, and banned users...? Maybe I havent looked hard enough, or perhaps I can find this information in the vB2.x phpBB2 importer, can someone advise please.

Knowing this information is critical to the successful migration of an existing forum to vB. I appreciate that mods and code ammendments will nto be catered for, but I do need to know what won't be imported so I can plan and cater for this.

Many thanks...
    John
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

I am trying to find an answer for you.

Comment

• TheMusicMan
      • Oct 2002
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      Excellent Jake, many thanks...
      John

Comment

• TheMusicMan
        • Oct 2002
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
        Any further news on this Jake... ? Hope this isn't seen as pestering or bumping.

The information I am hoping to get here will hopefully answer several of my current vB3 questions.

Thanks.
        John

Comment

• Jake Bunce
          • Dec 2000
          • 3.6.x

I am waiting on our importer person for the information. I haven't forgotten you.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

Jerry is working on a feature list right now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...