Importers (requests & poll)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dndog
    • Apr 2004

I don't use this bulletin board software, but you might as well add it to the list Jerry.

-dndog

Comment

• Bill Thebert
      • Mar 2001
      • 5.5.x

What's the latest on WebBBS?

Nearly a year ago I sent in several thousand WebBBS messages as test data. Plus a functioning WebBBS-->VB3 script (limited, but basic functionality).

I'm surprised to now see a request for test data in the poll.

If I provide it again, will it help to bump WebBBS up the priority list?

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Bill Thebert
        What's the latest on WebBBS?

Nearly a year ago I sent in several thousand WebBBS messages as test data. Plus a functioning WebBBS-->VB3 script (limited, but basic functionality).

I'm surprised to now see a request for test data in the poll.

If I provide it again, will it help to bump WebBBS up the priority list?
        A year ago ? vB3 was only released in march.

Though if you PM me the details I can look at it.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Bill Thebert
          • Mar 2001
          • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Jerry
          A year ago ? vB3 was only released in march.

Though if you PM me the details I can look at it.
          Yep. I rounded it off. 10-11 months = nearly a year.

I've long ago mislaid the support ticket number that started our correspondence, Jerry. But you & I exchanged numerous e-mails on this subject.

I forwarded a WebBBS->vB3 script . . . one that started out as webBBS->vB2.X, but which had been hacked by user "tmorris" to perform some basic vB3 functionality. For example, it included support for "threading" (maintaining the parent/child relationship between posts & replies), but it didn't import any USER data. All posts were imported as those of a "Guest User".

The results of a test run of this script can be seen here:

I also forwarded some sample data. Most of which I still have -- still unimported.

One unresolved riddle, as I recall, concerned older versions of webBBS which stored dates in a text fashion; whereas newer versions stored UNIX-style dates. Others were relatively trivial -- like importing quotation marks (stored as " ) properly.

What other details would you like me to send? I'm willing to send/share anything that would help this along.

Best,

Bill
          Last edited by Bill Thebert; Sun 9 Jan '05, 5:00am.

Comment

• Jerry
            • Dec 2002
            • 1.1.x

I've long ago mislaid the support ticket number that started our correspondence, Jerry. But you & I exchanged numerous e-mails on this subject.
            As have I, I had a quick look as the system name seemed familiar though my memory was found wanting.

I do apologize, I must of over looked this one.

I forwarded a WebBBS->vB3 script . . . one that started out as webBBS->vB2.X, but which had been hacked by user "tmorris" to perform some basic vB3 functionality. For example, it included support for "threading" (maintaining the parent/child relationship between posts & replies), but it didn't import any USER data. All posts were imported as those of a "Guest User".

The results of a test run of this script can be seen here:

I also forwarded some sample data. Most of which I still have -- still unimported.

One unresolved riddle, as I recall, concerned older versions of webBBS which stored dates in a text fashion; whereas newer versions stored UNIX-style dates. Others were relatively trivial -- like importing quotation marks (stored as " ) properly.

What other details would you like me to send? I'm willing to send/share anything that would help this along.

Best,

Bill
            I dare say with the time that has passed and my lack of recall on the matter it would be best to start a new ticket and re start the process, so that I can look at it a fresh.

The only thing I can think is other importers took priority on shear numbers of requests and that in the normal course of house keeping I deleted the data by mistake, as unless I have permission, I don't keep user data once an import has been written.

Also with the improvments in impex over the last year I would expect that the user Guest status can be soved also.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Jerry
              • Dec 2002
              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by dndog
              I don't use this bulletin board software, but you might as well add it to the list Jerry.

-dndog
              Yup, its already done, #34 in the import done list.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• x-man01
                • Jan 2005

phpnuke7.5

ok i have a site running phpnuke7.5 and id like to import my users + posts into vbulletin 3.0.5 . this is an urgent request.

please if anyone knows anything about how to go about this please share your wisdom.

i have the latest impEx on this board.
                thnx

Comment

• Jerry
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 1.1.x

Originally posted by x-man01
                  ok i have a site running phpnuke7.5 and id like to import my users + posts into vbulletin 3.0.5 . this is an urgent request.

please if anyone knows anything about how to go about this please share your wisdom.

i have the latest impEx on this board.
                  thnx
                  If its a default phpnuke install PM me and if you can give me a copy of the database I'll be able to do the importer, its just finding a default install that is the difficult bit for me.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                    • Jun 2002

Just a more strategic sales strategy...

Perhaps providing a bridge(importer) between the old vBLite/vB1.x users to vB3?
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Yves R.
                      vBulletin QA
                      • Nov 2003
                      • 5.6.X

Jerry, "Xoops - NewBB" importer is compatible with NewBB2 for importing?

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• Jerry
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                        Just a more strategic sales strategy...

Perhaps providing a bridge(importer) between the old vBLite/vB1.x users to vB3?
                        Spooky got asked for that one at the end of last week, all done now.
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Jerry
                          • Dec 2002
                          • 1.1.x

Originally posted by PitchouneN64ngc
                          Jerry, "Xoops - NewBB" importer is compatible with NewBB2 for importing?
                          Yes.
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                            • Jun 2002

LDUForum?
                            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Jerry
                              • Dec 2002
                              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                              Looks good, would just need some source data.
                              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                                • Jun 2002

Possible Importer Update?
                                Eve 4.0.3

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...