X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slinky
    • Mar 2001
    • 1.1.x

Facebook App, Details about use of data

So it looks like the Facebook App is included in vBulletin 5. I didn't use it in vBulletin 4 because I couldn't find any answers about privacy concerns that are most important to my users on some forums. I'm hoping you can explain the following:

When I connect to the Facebook App, it appears that I have to give vBulletin permission to provide several items of information about my profile to vBulletin Solutions (vBSI) such as email, likes, friends list, etc.

Is the information/data sent to vBSI as part of the Facebook App used by vBSI in any way other than to solely perform the service for the purchasers of the Facebook App?

Has the data or will the data (in whole or part, individually or in the aggregate) be or have been used for any purpose other than solely and exclusively to provide this service to purchasers of the Facebook App?

Obviously I would need to put any information in my own privacy policy if I would consider using the app. This would mean knowing whether:
    (a) Does vBSI ever review or use this information, individually or in the aggregate, internally at vBSI and/or Internet Brands?

(b) Does vBSI ever use, sell or provide this information, individual or in the aggregate, to third parties?

(c) Does vBSI use contact information, such as email address, for any purpose either internally, on behalf of customers, e.g. using the email addresses to disseminate mailings to email addresses collected by the Facebook App on behalf of third parties?

What is it that you can tell us regarding the past, current and future use of any data collected by the vBulletin Facebook App? What can you tell us about the use of personally identifiable information and aggregate information for the data collected and arising out of the Facebook App?

Thank you for the assistance.
    Last edited by slinky; Wed 12 Sep '12, 10:32am.
    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site
  • pokesph
    • Apr 2003

In a related area, is the "service" portion of this app available to run on our own server and/or domain?

How IS this data used? what processes are happening? what is the end result. What are the benefits to us? To ur users? Will it halp keep users on our site longer, and engage in more topics?

We also have concerns with our users data going to 3rd party providers and as such keep as much as physically possible in house.

thanks.
    Steve, Webmaster and Admin
    www.pokecommunity.com

Comment