Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thenoob2012
    • Aug 2012

Uploading a photo

Can it be made to where users can attach a photo or upload a photo with their post?
  • Syxguns
    • Aug 2011
    • 4.2.X

Yes, it can be done in two different fashions. For example I'll upload a photo here using the [IMG] tags.

Code:
    [noparse][IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/syxguns/music-notes-moving1.gif[/IMG][/noparse]
    Here is the image using the above approach:

Another way to simplify typing the tags is to select the button on the editor that says, "Insert Image". You will have the opportunity to use a URL as I did above or attach something straight from your computer as long as it is within the size limits you set as Administrator. They must be in full editor mode, I think to have that button, but I did not double check.

There is still another way for this to work. When you select the "Go Advanced" button to bring up the editor and tool bars if you scroll down bellow the text box you will see an button that reads. "Manage Attachments" There you may also upload images from your computer. In the AdminCP you have full control over the size of the images, the amount they are allowed to upload per post. This little guide will help you out. https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/ Select Attachments and it will give you a more detailed description, but it is not complete in certain areas. Making larger images thumbnails at the size you select, etc. If you need further instruction I can help you out with it.

Comment

• thenoob2012
      • Aug 2012

Thank You for you fast supply. I was inquiring about posting a photo while viewing the forum throught the facebook app. I can definitely see how the IMG Tags would work, but I do not see the Manage Attachments option in the reply box on the vbulletin facebook app.

Is this something that has to be enabled?

Comment

• Syxguns
        • Aug 2011
        • 4.2.X

Okay, I'm not familiar with the facebook application that you are using. Could you give me a link to it? My post was more about posting within vB itself. With the app that you are talking about, I will be able to give you a better answer.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

Originally posted by thenoob2012
          Thank You for you fast supply. I was inquiring about posting a photo while viewing the forum throught the facebook app. I can definitely see how the IMG Tags would work, but I do not see the Manage Attachments option in the reply box on the vbulletin facebook app.

Is this something that has to be enabled?

You can't upload an image but you can use the IMG BBCode to insert one.

Originally posted by Syxguns
          Okay, I'm not familiar with the facebook application that you are using. Could you give me a link to it? My post was more about posting within vB itself. With the app that you are talking about, I will be able to give you a better answer.
          See the 'Posted from Facebook App' link at the bottom of his post...
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Syxguns
            • Aug 2011
            • 4.2.X

That is pretty neat. I just became a member of Facebook, but could you tell me how to go about having the "Posted from Facebook App" show on my forum or do I need to start a new post for that?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

Do you have the Facebook App? If not, you need that...
              Vote for:

Comment

• Syxguns
                • Aug 2011
                • 4.2.X

Okay, I'll have a look and see if I can figure it out. It's a nice feature that I hope I have on my forum!!

Comment

• thenoob2012
                  • Aug 2012

Is that a feature that is going to be added, if not what would I have to do to make this work?

Comment

• Syxguns
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by thenoob2012
                    Is that a feature that is going to be added, if not what would I have to do to make this work?
                    Have you tested the [IMG] tag with the Facebook App? Are you talking about something different?

Comment

• thenoob2012
                      • Aug 2012

I am wanting my members to be able to upload a picture to there post using my Facebook ap and not have to put in an image url

Comment

• Syxguns
                        • Aug 2011
                        • 4.2.X

That is an outside image so if you want it to be smaller you will need to use a mod. I use this one: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=237650

Comment

• thenoob2012
                          • Aug 2012

Will vbulletins API allow for a picture to be uploaded from the Facebook Ap

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                            vBulletin Support
                            • Aug 2002
                            • 5.7.X

Not at this time.
                            Vote for:

Comment