X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kerrya
    • Mar 2008
    • 4.2.X

Login issues

I have connected my board with Facebook. All looks fine. My forum shows the facebook profile pic I use so it seems to be perfectly linked.

When I load the app in Facebook and hit the login button for the forum, I get a message saying:

Sorry, we were unable to log you in automatically. Please make sure your forum account is linked to your Facebook account via Facebook Connect button on PhotographySchoolhouse.
    If you are not a member, please create a new account.

We've tried this with a couple of different accounts and always get the same results.

Any help appreciated.

Kerry
  • TheLastSuperman
    • Sep 2008

Well the connect feature requires a different app to be setup in https://developers.facebook.com/apps and then another for just the app itself so ensure you have the app setup properly and then also info correct in the app setup here on vbulletin.com before you generate the files and upload them to your server.

I have not messed with the app i.e. installing one in quite a while so don't hesitate to ask questions and if I do not know the answer I'll bug someone who does!

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Have you installed the Facebook Register plugin as per the last page of the instructions?
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• kerrya
        • Mar 2008
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
        Have you installed the Facebook Register plugin as per the last page of the instructions?
        What I'm seeing in my vB system V4.2 does not match the last page of the instructions.

Under section 3 - when I go to Manage Products there is no add/import product option.

Under Section 4 - there is no Facebook App IP section.

I presume these apply to all V4 systems, or did they mean there are only V4.0 and not V4.2?

Thanks
        Kerry

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

Under the list of installed products, you'll see text '[Add/Import Product]' - click that then import the file specified. Once you've done that, the Facebook App Options will appear in AdminCP > Settings > Options and you'll be able to configure it.
          Vote for:

Comment

• kerrya
            • Mar 2008
            • 4.2.X

Under the list of installed products, you'll see text '[Add/Import Product]' - click that then import the file specified. Once you've done that, the Facebook App Options will appear in AdminCP > Settings > Options and you'll be able to configure it.
            I found the Add/Import and went thru it. It had not been done. However, The Facebook options, which were there before did not change. They had already been set.

We are still broken. Logins are not working.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
            Kerry

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

After importing that product, you will have two sets of options in there:

- Facebook Options (these are not updated)
              - Facebook App Options (these will be blank by default)

You need to go to the second of these and add the details in there.
              Vote for:

Comment

• kerrya
                • Mar 2008
                • 4.2.X

After importing that product, you will have two sets of options in there:

- Facebook Options (these are not updated)
                - Facebook App Options (these will be blank by default)

You need to go to the second of these and add the details in there.
                OK. Did that. Still no change. Users cannot log in. They just get a message saying:
                Sorry, we were unable to log you in automatically. Please make sure your forum account is linked to your Facebook account via Facebook Connect button on PhotographySchoolhouse.

Thanks

Kerry

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

Please fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
                  Vote for:

Comment