Is it possible or a setting to have facebook profile photo be set as avatar?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mboyce84
    • Feb 2012
    • 4.0.x

Is it possible or a setting to have facebook profile photo be set as avatar?

Not sure if this was possible, but when registering through the app, is it possible to have the users facebook profile photo be set as the avatar for that user for when they post? Currently, it is set as the default unknown avatar, but I was wondering if this is setting, or simply thats the way the application works.

Thanks in advance.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

It should pull in their forum avatar if they have one. Also, they should be able to opt to set their avatar as the Facebook profile picture when registering via FB Connect
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• mboyce84
      • Feb 2012
      • 4.0.x

Well I wonder if this is a broken feature then if that's the case? I am a member of multiple vBulletin forums, such as dragonbyte-tech.com, where I used Facebook Connect to register, including my own site. None of them seem to have my facebook profile as the display pic when I post a thread.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Did you opt to use your pic at the time of registration?
        Vote for:

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

Test registrations I performed last month DID pull the Facebook picture through as the forum avatar if that option was selected. But that wasn't with the actual paid Facebook app, that was just with the Facebook Connect feature.

Edit 2nd Aug 2012: this was on someone else's site using a third party add on as it turns out.
          Last edited by Mark.B; Wed 1 Aug '12, 9:06pm.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• mboyce84
            • Feb 2012
            • 4.0.x

Ok, what option is this and location of it? I looked all over the control panel, but I do not see any option that correspond to what you mentioned to select the forum avatar on registration, unless I'm over-looking something.

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

The user has the option on registration via FB Connect
              Vote for:

Comment

• GasMan320
                • May 2006
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                The user has the option on registration via FB Connect
                Was this option removed? I'm running 4.1.12 PL2 and there is no option when connecting via Facebook Connect that allows a new user to import their Facebook profile picture.

Could someone help please?

I created a thread here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...hoto-as-avatar but didn't receive any response.
                Location Import Error Fix For Facebook Connect Users

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

Replied...
                  Vote for:

Comment

• GasMan320
                    • May 2006
                    • 4.2.X

Hi Trevor, replying to this thread because I'm not sure if my other one gets buried by the time you sign online or not...but I'm still unable to find any trace or mention of this feature in my vBulletin install. I've done a fresh test install as well with vB default skin and it still doesn't work.

Can anyone show me a screenshot or give me a guide on how I can activate this feature? No matter what I try, the Facebook profile picture simply is not being used as an avatar picture for a new member registering through Facebook Connect.
                    Location Import Error Fix For Facebook Connect Users

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by GasMan320
                      Hi Trevor, replying to this thread because I'm not sure if my other one gets buried by the time you sign online or not...but I'm still unable to find any trace or mention of this feature in my vBulletin install. I've done a fresh test install as well with vB default skin and it still doesn't work.

Can anyone show me a screenshot or give me a guide on how I can activate this feature? No matter what I try, the Facebook profile picture simply is not being used as an avatar picture for a new member registering through Facebook Connect.
                      There's no such option. My tests mentioned above, it turns out, were on a site with a third party add-on. I don't know what it was, I think they had hacked the Connect feature themselves. It's not in the default software.
                      MARK.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      ------------
                      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...