Any success stories for the FB application?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tpearl5
    • Jul 2001
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by S1OPP
    This is the single biggest issue I have, the permissions page asks for access to information that I have no control over. I am also unable to provide an explanation of what the information is used from and by whom.

Nobody will accept the app. Even people already on my forum that I have known for years, will not accept the app.
    Agreed. There's no reason all this information can't be at least an option. At the same time this data is unknowingly passed to Internet Brands for processing. Since there is no privacy policy presented to the user, they (and we) are blindly accepting that IB can do what they want with the data.

Capture more registrations - Advanced Guest Posting & Registration
    Cell Phone Forums | Nikonites

Comment

• slinky
      • Mar 2001
      • 1.1.x

Originally posted by S1OPP
      This is the single biggest issue I have, the permissions page asks for access to information that I have no control over. I am also unable to provide an explanation of what the information is used from and by whom.
      Nobody will accept the app. Even people already on my forum that I have known for years, will not accept the app.
      Originally posted by tpearl5
      Agreed. There's no reason all this information can't be at least an option. At the same time this data is unknowingly passed to Internet Brands for processing. Since there is no privacy policy presented to the user, they (and we) are blindly accepting that IB can do what they want with the data.
      On one of my sites, this app would have been extremely beneficial, which it can be in limited circumstances. It sounded good in the marketing. I was disappointed in finding this out after other users dissected clearly how it actually worked and the team explained the details here. There actually isn't a clear explanation as tpearl5 points out. You take a risk if you put this into practice and leave it open to question by your own members. I don't think there is a way for them to undo the way the app works as I think it may have been intentionally designed for IB to collect information for use.
      My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...