Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any success stories for the FB application?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any success stories for the FB application?

    The FB application has been out for a while now and I am considering it for our site. Besides a few negative reports, I haven't read many success stories.

    Did anyone see new and existing users using this app? Can you see how many use the FB app? How often and by how many users and/or visitors?

    Did it increase traffic and participation on your site? What's the general opinion and feedback from your members?

    After you installed the FB app, got it up and running and have been using it for a while, would you do it again? In other words, was it worth the investment and effort?

    Thanks in advance for any feedback!
    SaabWorld

  • #2
    If the price isn't going to raise(i.e if 99$ wasn't an intro. price) , then buy after few months/major development.

    I still see many KEY features missed in fb ecosystem such as "Thread desc while user clicks share/Like button ", "Invite friends through fb app" etc.
    | College student forum | Men beauty and Health Tips | Dress Forum [IPB] |

    [For 6 Months] Unlimited vB Upgrades + $50 AWS CloudFront CDN (billed in my account) + vb.org Mod Installs - PM me. 2 Spots

    Comment


    • #3
      well when they first launched it they stated $99 was a intro price but still hasn't gone away been several months....... unlike the Mobile Suite that was intro $99 for like a week and was just pulled without notice.....
      ------------------------------------------
      Steve
      DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

      Comment


      • #4
        I was hoping for a few responses after a week. Nothing? Is there information available how many sites/forums are using this app?
        SaabWorld

        Comment


        • #5
          I am afraid to buy anything from them anymore. They charged for the blog (which I bought the original) ... then included it in another release... charged for the mobile ... then included it in another release. I really wish I didn't have so much invested in this software, I am getting very frustrated with the lack of social media additions considering the price for the package we do pay for. Without something like openID or at least the ability to integrate with twitter ... where people are willing to participate more openly than facebook users this software is way behind some of the free stuff out there, but they know converting is a pain so we stick around and hope.

          Comment


          • #6
            Mobile Suite isn't included in any release its still a separate product still $199 and then $99 each year....
            ------------------------------------------
            Steve
            DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
            CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
            TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
            Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

            Comment


            • #7
              The actual price of the software is not that important. I am more concerned about the time and effort to implement, user reactions and extra resources required for the site.
              SaabWorld

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by fwulfers View Post
                The FB application has been out for a while now and I am considering it for our site. Besides a few negative reports, I haven't read many success stories.

                Did anyone see new and existing users using this app? Can you see how many use the FB app? How often and by how many users and/or visitors?

                Did it increase traffic and participation on your site? What's the general opinion and feedback from your members?

                After you installed the FB app, got it up and running and have been using it for a while, would you do it again? In other words, was it worth the investment and effort?

                Thanks in advance for any feedback!
                I would hold off. The app needs a ton of work for it to be usable. They don't seem to understand that proper meta descriptions are needed for posts so that when they are shared via the like/send button they don't look terrible. This applies to the regular forums as well.

                This company is a joke and is living in the past if you ask me. There are comparable solutions out there that are free and are social network optimized.

                Comment


                • #9
                  With the number of spam and fake apps recently people are affraid to click on it and join. N one is using it on my site.

                  There should be an option to see it before joining.
                  StylWolny.pl - Polskie Forum Dyskusyjne | guziki wieszaki producent - Bonetti.pl
                  Join Tattoo Group Now

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm suprised i havent seen any vbulletin people here on this thread yet

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm interested as well...
                      MWGLforums.com - Free Video Guitar Lessons and more!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm thinking of the Facebook application. I use a shared hosting environment which is pretty good but will it cause extra server load, etc?

                        I've spoken to my host and they aren't concerned and I can easily change to https.
                        [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Neal-UK View Post
                          I'm thinking of the Facebook application. I use a shared hosting environment which is pretty good but will it cause extra server load, etc?

                          I've spoken to my host and they aren't concerned and I can easily change to https.
                          Server load isnt a thing to worry about.
                          Most of the shared hosted provide shared SSL . May b you can use that and avoid purchasing dedicated IP and Dedicated SSL cert
                          | College student forum | Men beauty and Health Tips | Dress Forum [IPB] |

                          [For 6 Months] Unlimited vB Upgrades + $50 AWS CloudFront CDN (billed in my account) + vb.org Mod Installs - PM me. 2 Spots

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by sivaganesh View Post
                            Server load isnt a thing to worry about.
                            Most of the shared hosted provide shared SSL . May b you can use that and avoid purchasing dedicated IP and Dedicated SSL cert
                            Can get dedicated IP and SSL cert for $60 per year with my current host so not too bad. Just need to know if vBSEO works fine with it now before jumping in.
                            [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yeah, it works with vbSEO for me.
                              | College student forum | Men beauty and Health Tips | Dress Forum [IPB] |

                              [For 6 Months] Unlimited vB Upgrades + $50 AWS CloudFront CDN (billed in my account) + vb.org Mod Installs - PM me. 2 Spots

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X