I setup facebook on my forum and it works, but.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flounder
    • Dec 2008

I setup facebook on my forum and it works, but.....

It does not post my thread to my facebook page that I setup for my forum. In other words, When I post a thread to my forum www.texasfishingonline.com/forums, it will show that I posted a new thread on my personal facebook page and NOT on my page that I created for texas fishing online http://www.facebook.com/texasfishingonline

Is there a way to setup the facebook app that I created using the vbulletin manual to post onto my facebook page rather than my personal facebook account?

Perhaps it's not designed that way, thx in advance
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Can you even use Facebook Connect on your vbulletin forum using your texas fishing online page? (as in a company account, not a personal account)

Comment

• flounder
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Zachery
      Can you even use Facebook Connect on your vbulletin forum using your texas fishing online page? (as in a company account, not a personal account)
      Let me clarify what you mean. Do you mean open a new facebook account with the user as texas fishing online? The way I interpret facebook rules, and I may be wrong, is that you create a personal profile/account. You can add pages for business etc... Now, I added the page for TFO - texas fishing online, but when I create that app as stated in the vbulletin instructions, facebook forces me to create it as myself, so I cannot create it as texas fishing online. I think this is why the forum posts will not post to mt tfo page. I am ok if it post to both my personal page and TFO, but it does not. I am not sure how to set that up.

Let me ask you, if you post on vbulletin and you have facebook connect setup, does it post on FB that you posted on vbulletin on your personal account or does it post on facebook vbulletin page?

Click image for larger version

Name:	407223_2458282516785_1843803501_1534243_1193628113_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	3686773
      Last edited by flounder; Sat 25 Feb '12, 8:14pm.

Comment

• flounder
        • Dec 2008

One more clarification. My desire is when I post a thread and click the option box "publish to facebook" that appears next to "submit new thread", it posts to texas fishing online and not my personal account.

Any clues will be appreciated. I seem to be stuck. Maybe I need a good night sleep, but any help would be great!

Comment

• Dave Alcock
          • May 2006
          • 4.2.X

I can't guarantee this will work, but -

Try going to your Facebook page.
          On the right hand side near the top, there's a link saying "Use Facebook as (facebook page)." Click it.
          Now try liking a thread in the forum...

Frankly it's better to be adding a link to the thread page from your Facebook page anyway - you've got better control of what shows in the final result as you can edit the description and sometimes select a better thumbnail.
          The Forum SA - A South African website for business minded folk.

Comment

• flounder
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Dave Alcock
            I can't guarantee this will work, but -

Try going to your Facebook page.
            On the right hand side near the top, there's a link saying "Use Facebook as (facebook page)." Click it.
            Now try liking a thread in the forum...

Frankly it's better to be adding a link to the thread page from your Facebook page anyway - you've got better control of what shows in the final result as you can edit the description and sometimes select a better thumbnail.
            I tried this and everything else I could think of. When I set user as Texas Fishing Online, on my forum it says to set back as me in order to use that plugin or function. I also tried to figure out how to set up the app under TFO, but it says I have to revert back to my page as in the pic above. I guess the only was is to set an new facebook page, but the FB rules say not to do that. Maybe I should read again.

Comment

• Dave Alcock
              • May 2006
              • 4.2.X

Sorry about that.

My second point still stands though.
              The Forum SA - A South African website for business minded folk.

Comment

• flounder
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Dave Alcock
                Sorry about that.

My second point still stands though.
                Thank you, I just watched a youtube video and I think this many be my best option - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTBa1FS3Hyk

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...